Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Hey Trouts....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Hey Trouts....
Original Message   Dec 19, 2012 10:54 am
You out there? 

Been months since you've posted anything.  You OK? 

Got any interesting projects on the go?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: Hey Trouts....
Reply #1   Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm
Trouts' last log timestamp was on Nov 25, 2012 11:21AM.  I think he is getting ready for the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:21:21PM and preparing graves for all of us except for NJ_David. I hope he considers me as his friend or at least not his foe.
borat

Reply #2   Dec 19, 2012 7:36 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Trouts' last log timestamp was on Nov 25, 2012 11:21AM.  I think he is getting ready for the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:21:21PM and preparing graves for all of us except for NJ_David. I hope he considers me as his friend or at least not his foe.

Yeah....

He's probably converting a snowblower to throw dirt in order to fill the holes in faster. 

When he's got all the others taken care of, he'll set the machine on auto, commit hara-kiri, do a face plant into the last hole and let the machine cover him up.

Let's hope he doesn't rush it..... Know what I mean?
Bill_H

Reply #3   Dec 19, 2012 8:34 pm
I drove through Marlboro today and was thinking about him. Now that we've had a taste of snow I'm sure he'll be by soon.
This message was modified Dec 19, 2012 by Bill_H

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
trouts2

Reply #4   Dec 20, 2012 10:45 am

NM_Runner: I think he is getting ready for the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012

You bet.   Like all other reasonable people  I’ve been growing vegetables all summer and canning till the cows come home stocking up the bunker.  The world will be a mess when it's over and most things banged up pretty bad.  I've packed a case of Sea From in the bunker to fix everything when I come out.  Some would think that's nutty but I have personal knowledge like a friends D8 doser that went over a cliff 1000 feet into a quarry.  He sprayed it with Sea Foam an it straightened out the metal and fired right up on the first try.   I'm ready.

Borat: You out there?

I'm out there in Left Field as always.  I've been sub-surface for a while gnawing away at,  "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith which is taking forever.  Many here on the forum get off on economic riffs related to what this guy writes about, national deficits, balance of payments, outsourcing, exports and alike ideas which he was the first to bring to people understanding.   Good stuff and puts a new understanding on those things.

and

Playing endlessly with a new MP3 player.  Samsung has stuffed one the size of a cell phone with everything a tablet or smartphone can do minus the radio part of making calls.  But it can be loaded with an app to do FREE calling over a wireless connection which is what it comes with.   It's got a GPS and does all the driving stuff a stand alone GPS does and more.  There's an accelerometer in it and can become a hand held tachometer but I have not tried that yet.  It's an amazing piece of gear for $189 in the 5 inch version and a 4 inch for $169.   

I stayed up in Maine until mid October being useless and hiking around.  After getting back I've been working up the blowers but only sold a few so far so have plenty in the sable to play with this winter if we ever get any snow.   I saw your video on the Murry and liked it.  Not to belittle the power but I think you're getting some better snow to toss up there than we get here (close to Boston).  I sold one like yours two weeks ago to a kid about 12 who is running a small neighborhood clearing gig.

I've got a few 3-4 Murrys SS's around and a number of 3-6hp Toro's all two strokes around waiting for snow.  Also two new big 4 stroke Toro's I had last last year but did not get to use. They are very impressive.

Worked up two more Yamaha 8hp track machines which should be awsome and still have my 6hp rebuilt engine wheeled from last year.  All the machines are running and ready to rip some snow if there's an earth left after tomorrow.

BTW: I think the 139cc is a name change only for the 840/850 and any difference there is will only be pink sheet trim for a specific maker like as you mentioned shaft end configuration or some other minor thing, carb jet, gas tank or recoil mod.  The internals are all the same as far as I can tell, bore, rod, piston, valves...  It is an amazing engine which I've come like a lot.  Last year I Boratified 4-5 machines but with no snow I never got to use them all.  I did get some time on a 3hp Toro screamer what did very well but the snow was wet and not the best for testing.  I backed out the mods on them to sell but this year I'll muck with whatever's left if we get any snow.  I'll probably have a 139 Murry, Toro 141cc and 6hp 4 strokes to play with. 

Bill_H: I drove through Marlboro today

You probably went right by my street if you went on 495....I'm one mile from 495 exit 24A which heads you east on route 20, Crescent St, a short street.  Look for snowblowers under tarps. 

This message was modified Dec 20, 2012 by trouts2
borat

Reply #5   Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm
"Not to belittle the power but I think you're getting some better snow to toss up there than we get here (close to Boston)."

You're probably right.  We tend to get dry snow.  The stuff in the video was dry, windblown and nicely packed.  Perfect for making a video. 

You wouldn't want to have to shovel it though.  Despite being nice to move with the Murray, it's still a chore to shovel.  I usually begin clearing the snow by using a pusher shovel to get the snow away from the garage door to pull out the machine(s).  With the amount and weight of the snow here, I couldn't get it much more than three or four feet from the door opening.  It just piled up too quickly and pretty much stopped any forward movement using the pusher. 

We're getting a bit of snow now but hardly enough to make interesting.  Very fine and dense but no serious accumulation.  Maybe an inch or two.  Looking forward to some serious snow.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42