Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928 Wheel Drive Snow Blower - Wheel Question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kultyper

Honda HS928 Wheel Drive Snow Blower - Wheel Question
Original Message   Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm
Hi.  I have a Honda HS928 snow blower.  About a month ago, one of the tires were over inflated, and part of the tire slipped off the wheel causing all the air to escape.  I had tucked the tire back in by hand, but now, the tire doesnt seem to be keeping air in when using a bicycle pump to inflate.  It seemed like the tire stuck  to the metal rim with some sort of adhesive, but i wasnt sure.  I live about 30 miles from the nearest repair shop.  Is the wheel easy to remove?  From what it looks like, its just a pin that holds the entire wheel in.  I would like to bring the wheel and tire into the shop to have them fix it.  Thanks.
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
kultyper

Re: Honda HS928 Wheel Drive Snow Blower - Wheel Question
Reply #2   Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm
Thanks for the info!!
borat

Reply #3   Nov 26, 2012 4:42 pm
You should be able to fix the wheel right there at home.  I had a tire that leaked and all I did was put a thin coat of silicone on the wheel/tire bead/seat area then re-inflated it.  If you have trouble getting the bead to seat, get a belt (as in men's clothing), put the tire on the rim, put the belt around the tire and tighten it until the bead of the tire is pressed outward to the bead seat then begin to add some air.  Don't try to completely inflate it with the belt still on the tire.  You'll just break the belt buckle.  Take the belt off and add ten psi to the wheel.  Done. 
This message was modified Nov 26, 2012 by borat
FrankMA

Reply #4   Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm
I had that same issue when I owned my HS624WA. The fix to end all fixes is to install a tube inside the tire and you'll never have that problem again. Do both tires because they'll eventually give you trouble and usually not at an opportune time, like when you need to use the snowblower. Tilt the blower up using the bucket as the pivot point and then place wood blocks under the tranny housing. Remove both tires (rims and all) and bring them to a local shop that can install them for you, or you can try to do it yourself. I can't remember exactly what it cost me for both tires but it was pretty reasonable and saved me a bunch of time and aggravation. FWIW, I think I used to run my tires at about 8 - 10 PSI which provided a good amount of spongy traction.
This message was modified Nov 26, 2012 by FrankMA

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
MN_Runner

Reply #5   Nov 26, 2012 6:42 pm
FrankMA wrote:
I had that same issue when I owned my HS624WA. The fix to end all fixes is to install a tube inside the tire and you'll never have that problem again. Do both tires because they'll eventually give you trouble and usually not at an opportune time, like when you need to use the snowblower. Tilt the blower up using the bucket as the pivot point and then place wood blocks under the tranny housing. Remove both tires (rims and all) and bring them to a local shop that can install them for you, or you can try to do it yourself. I can't remember exactly what it cost me for both tires but it was pretty reasonable and saved me a bunch of time and aggravation. FWIW, I think I used to run my tires at about 8 - 10 PSI which provided a good amount of spongy traction.

FrankMA is correct.  The only way to fix those damaged tires are by adding inner tubes.  They are much cheaper than new tires.  The new 2012/2013 928WA/WAS uses higher pressure tires so you can just bite the bullet and buy those or spend $20 and get inner tubes with your current tires.  Just place something (wooden blocks) under the tranny housing and take the wheels off.
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42