Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snow gets stuck in Honda hs35 snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jomafu

snow gets stuck in Honda hs35 snowblower
Original Message   Nov 24, 2012 3:32 pm
I have a Honda HS35 Snowblower that does not blow out the snow. it starts fine but does not seem to have the strength to puch the snow out. If anyone knows what might be wrong please, all help is appreciated
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: snow gets stuck in Honda hs35 snowblower
Reply #1   Nov 24, 2012 3:37 pm
A few questions: How is your belt? How is the tension?  Can you see it spinning when the clutch is pulled? Are the rubbers in good shape?  Is your engine dying when there is a load?  Do you have pictures or video of your situation?  Maybe it is time to buy a new one as the parts on HS35 are not cheap (from my bad experience).
borat

Reply #2   Nov 24, 2012 3:51 pm
As previously mentioned, check belt tension and condition.  If it's not the belt, chances are the machine is overwhelmed by amount or type of snow.  Wet heavy snow is hard on any machine let alone something with minimal horsepower.  If the belt is OK, try taking smaller passes of snow.
crabbybob

Reply #3   Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm
That happens to my Toro when the paddles get worn down and need to be replaced.
Shryp

Reply #4   Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm
The other thing you could try is spraying some kind of oil on the chute and in the bucket. WD-40, liquid wrench, furniture polish, cooking spray. The more slippery it is the less will stick to it.
aa335

Reply #5   Nov 29, 2012 1:26 pm
I would bet on belt tension or belt condition.
blumonster

Reply #6   Feb 10, 2013 10:43 am
Were you able to fix it? I left my HS35 to my ex wife after my recent divorce. I started it and cleared some snow with it last week. It worked wonderfully, throwing snow towards the roof. Maybe 15-17 ft.
MN_Runner

Reply #7   Feb 10, 2013 11:00 am
blumonster wrote:
Were you able to fix it? I left my HS35 to my ex wife after my recent divorce. I started it and cleared some snow with it last week. It worked wonderfully, throwing snow towards the roof. Maybe 15-17 ft.

Good to hear from you and sorry about a change in your family status.When I see HS35 for sale, I think of blumonster. I got a HS520 a few months ago and does a good enough job.  Definitely better than my old HS35 as the carburator was not load senstive.  For example, when there is more snow, RPM of HS 520 goes up to manage the load but my HS35 did not (I suspect something was wrong with the carburator).  Good move keeping the HS621.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42