Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Well, bought another new to me SS - Toro 210R

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Well, bought another new to me SS - Toro 210R
Original Message   Feb 13, 2012 7:33 pm
That brings the Toro count to five.   It really needs to snow so I can get rid of a couple.  Or just stop counting.  Got this one at another auction for $29.00 .
Said it needed a flywheel...  It does and has a few more issues,  But the rest of the blower is in excellent condition.  2010 model  210R   38517  

Flywheel is junk.  This is like the chicken or the egg thing.  Don't know what could cause this.
Unless the nut backed off.  But the magneto did get trashed.  Nor did the recoil.
So what ever happened it happened fast.  Ive seen keys shear if the engine does a massive seize.
Or drops a rod off the crank.  But I've never seen a hub crack even thought it's aluminum.

Tore up the key way slot as well.
What's interesting is that the slot is flared out on both sides.
There is galling on the crank so the flywheel did spin at least a couple of times.
Maybe someone installed the wrong size key? Which allowed it to tip in the slot first.
Then things just started to happen. 

Took out the governor parts.

Am finding out some interesting things.  Such as, I've got a flywheel off of a 1999 Toro CCR2400 and according to
the Toro Parts Master.  The two engines (084132-0120-E1) are the same and they both use the same flywheel.
I say they are the same, but one is an E1 and the 210R is and E8 not really sure what that is?
They also both use the same crank.  And I have the crank as well.
Haven't  decided exactly what I'm going to do with the key way slot.  The slot still has some pretty good sides but
the top portion is pretty bad.  I may just eith tack weld a new key in place on the sides.   Then square it back up with a with a cutting wheel
on a Dremel.  Not sure.  I cleaned it up and it doesn't look to bad.

The casing is so close to the auger pulley that you can't get the belt off without taking off the pulley.  The casing doesn't appear to be bent.
From what I could see.  That's a pain.

The cutting edge / scraper tilts under spring tension.  And is much beefier than the older ones.  It would also be easier to replace.
Two bolts, and they are in a much better location.  Won't take as much abuse and rust as badly.

The tank just slips on a mounting post.  That's it, no other supports other than the neck going through the top cover.

And there is a little "tang" that hooks on the edge of the oval opening that keeps it from sliding off.  Once you push it all the way down and on.
Which it is not in the photo.

Overall the thing is in really good condition.
I also looked down the plug hole and there isn't any carbon at all on the head of the piston, none.
Which is a little strange. 

This message was modified Feb 13, 2012 by jrtrebor
Replies: 1 - 23 of 23View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 23 of 23View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42