Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Another "Boratified" blower.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Another "Boratified" blower.
Original Message   Feb 7, 2012 7:19 pm
Well no snow so I had to have something to do today.  Came up with a little different approach.  There were two things I wanted to be able to do when this mod. was finished.
One was to be able to adjust the RPM at will.   The other was to be able to get the bottom cover off without having to mess with any strings, wires, cables, etc.
This is what the factory gov. setup looks like on a Toro CCR 2450

Here's what I came up with.  I make an arm that I bolted to the handle.  Drilled a hole in the end to hook the gov.
spring into.  I wanted to use the factory spring so the gov. could still function.  Also I wanted to be able to return things to
stock if I wanted to.  This photo shows the arm and spring at what would be the factory position.

This photos shows the arm and spring in the "lets blow some snow" position.
The spring can be pulled 1" to 1 1/4"  past the stock position.
I revs up pretty good, but it doesn't have that scary "I'd better back it down" sound.

You can see where I slotted the bottom cover so it can be lifted right off.

Finished look.  After I took this photo I went back and drilled a hole all the way through the handle.  So I could use a
bolt and self locking nut to hold the handle, to the handle.  That set up allowed me to snug down the adjustment handle
just enough so that it would move but stay in it's position.  The first way I know would have rattled loose from the vibration.
You push the handle to the right to increase the RPM.  I had to bend the handle out from the handle like that.  Other wise it
hit the cover before you could run the RPM up enough.
Where's the snow?

Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42