Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any harm to lower ratio of gas:oil ratio?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
manjestic

Any harm to lower ratio of gas:oil ratio?
Original Message   Jan 21, 2012 9:37 am
Can't recall whether I already mixed in the oil in my 2-stroke gas can. Doh! It doesn't have that blue hue to the gas. Any harm to adding another shot of oil, say at 100:1?
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
manjestic

Re: Any harm to lower ratio of gas:oil ratio?
Reply #9   Feb 2, 2012 11:29 pm
FullThrottle wrote:
What i do is when I mix gas put a piece of tape on the can telling what it is and what date you did it.

I like that idea with the tape. I have a dedicated gas can for the 2-cycle mix and I label it as such "2-cycle mix only".  I usually put the oil in right before I add the gas so that I know it is ready to go when I need it.  In this case I was filling the tank of the snow blower and the fuel color didn't look right to me; I could not remember adding oil.  That and the oil I had was still in a sealed, unopened bottle.

Anyway, the tape idea with the date and ratio is foolproof, provided you update the label every time you fill it.
This message was modified Feb 2, 2012 by manjestic
RedOctobyr

Reply #10   Feb 3, 2012 6:21 am
Yeah, I especially like the idea of putting the date on the tape. I add the oil right at the pump, before filling the can, and I have the different ratios written on my 2-stroke gas cans. But the date is good, at least then I'd also know how old it is.
borat

Reply #11   Feb 3, 2012 8:19 am
Don't buy two cycle oil that isn't coloured.

Use dyed oil and mix small batches. 
FullThrottle

Reply #12   Feb 3, 2012 3:11 pm
manjestic wrote:
I like that idea with the tape. I have a dedicated gas can for the 2-cycle mix and I label it as such "2-cycle mix only".  I usually put the oil in right before I add the gas so that I know it is ready to go when I need it.  In this case I was filling the tank of the snow blower and the fuel color didn't look right to me; I could not remember adding oil.  That and the oil I had was still in a sealed, unopened bottle.

Anyway, the tape idea with the date and ratio is foolproof, provided you update the label every time you fill it.
Yep have to write it down. Everyones been there if your relying on memory
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42