Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any new snowblowers out for 2012

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Original Message   Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm
Does anyone know of any new snowblowers out for 2012? Looking to trade in my Toro 826OXE for something with a larger motor. I am leaning toward a larger Toro but  I am open. Any suggestions?
This message was modified Sep 20, 2011 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 70 - 79 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
MrNuke

Re: Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Reply #70   Dec 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Interesting that they do not list the 926OXE as having freewheel steering.

Freewheel Steering

Turn on a dime! Wheels can be disengaged independently or simultaneously with trigger controls - making turning, reversing, and steering easy for anyone. Available on 826 OXE, 828 OXE, 1028 OXE, and 1128 OXE Power Max models.

Toro is notoriously slow for updating their information especially the website.  It took them at least a year to acknowledge that the 826 had been given freewheel steering.  Look at the model numbers you have listed... All are pre-2012 variations. 
Steve_Cebu

Reply #71   Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm
That's kind of my point. The 926 is replacing the 826 but it isn't fully updated. Toro makes good stuff but honestly they could do a better job on their website.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #72   Dec 15, 2011 9:53 pm
In Canada,  the  2012.Craftsman blowers are built mostly by  MTD  or Briggs.     But most models have  Briggs engines, only a few models have Chinese engines.     I saw some Husqvarna built models but the Sears man said they were leftovers from 2011.

Craftsman  in the USA  have different sniowblower models from ours.

aa335

Reply #73   Dec 16, 2011 10:58 am
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Interesting that they do not list the 926OXE as having freewheel steering.

Freewheel Steering

Turn on a dime! Wheels can be disengaged independently or simultaneously with trigger controls - making turning, reversing, and steering easy for anyone. Available on 826 OXE, 828 OXE, 1028 OXE, and 1128 OXE Power Max models.

The "X" in the model name indicates that it does have the trigger steering. 
aa335

Reply #74   Dec 16, 2011 10:59 am
Steve_Cebu wrote:
That's kind of my point. The 926 is replacing the 826 but it isn't fully updated. Toro makes good stuff but honestly they could do a better job on their website.

:)  You're right, the 926OXE info was available on snowblowersdirect.com a long time before it was on Toro's website.
redtaven

Reply #75   Dec 17, 2011 12:16 pm
Well I ordered the Toro 926 OXE from Home Depot Online...given a great deal...total cost with delivery is a bit under $1200. Really feel uneasy about purchasing such a "high end" unit with an unproven new engine from a relatively unknown Chinese engine manufacturer. Yes I know Briggs and Loncin are all made in China but still uneasy. Still have time to cancel...

I could get the Ariens 24 Deluxe for less than $900 total almost a $300 savings. The major difference between the two would be the lack of hand steering controls on the Ariens. But Ariens is all metal from the ground up, chute, deflector and all. The paint jobs on the Ariens looks rock solid.

So as you see really on the fence. I hope Toro is not out to make a quick buck on their reputation.

Again any thoughts on the Ariens deluxe or Toro on clearing a 50 foot section of my driveway with no place to put the snow but toward the front which is over 50 feet away. The drifts on a 8-12 inch snowfall can get to be 3 to 4 feet high in parts of my rear driveway. I have to use a wheel barrow to clear it out in years past.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #76   Dec 18, 2011 6:39 am
Well you won't blow heavy snow 50+ feet with either. If the wind is blowing in a bad direction or against you that will also cut down how far you can throw.

My Toro 1028 OXE will throw light powder 60 feet but not heavier snow.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
redtaven

Reply #77   Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm
Well Home Depot came through and got the Toro 926 OXE delivered in under 7 days...unfortunately it rained all last night and when the ESTES trucking company came to make the 2nd to last delivery to me. I found the carton ripped in half along the top front middle and worse water dripping out from the bottom, that the carton coming apart at one corner seam and the entire top left side and bottom saturated with water. I asked to open the box and inspect but told I had to sign for it first...I refused.

I tried to get HD to help and all they can do is refund my order and told me that the Ariens 24 deluxe is discontinued and reason why they are not carrying it any longer. They believe a new unit will be replacing it next season...for those that care.

What to do now go back to the toro or just wait a season till word comes out on this new 265cc Loncin engine?
stresst

Reply #78   Dec 23, 2011 8:50 pm
redtaven wrote:
Well Home Depot came through and got the Toro 926 OXE delivered in under 7 days...unfortunately it rained all last night and when the ESTES trucking company came to make the 2nd to last delivery to me. I found the carton ripped in half along the top front middle and worse water dripping out from the bottom, that the carton coming apart at one corner seam and the entire top left side and bottom saturated with water. I asked to open the box and inspect but told I had to sign for it first...I refused.

I tried to get HD to help and all they can do is refund my order and told me that the Ariens 24 deluxe is discontinued and reason why they are not carrying it any longer. They believe a new unit will be replacing it next season...for those that care.

What to do now go back to the toro or just wait a season till word comes out on this new 265cc Loncin engine?

Wow, that sucks! Sorry to hear that, Could be worse you could have gotten 2 feet of snow instead of the rain and probably would have mad an implusive decision signing for it. Why not call snowblowersdirect?

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #79   Dec 24, 2011 5:16 am
You won't find out much next year about Loncin it takes a long time to get a track record and that's not going to help you.

Also once a place is out of a product there is nothing they can do. You were right to refuse the package if it was in that bad a condition.

If you really need a snowblower and can't buy from a local dealer then buy the Toro. You should have a local dealer that sells what you want.

Replies: 70 - 79 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42