Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Picked up my Pro 28!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mvedepo

Picked up my Pro 28!
Original Message   Nov 15, 2011 11:11 am
This thing is a monster!  Though it's huge the balance is awesome. Also I can't emphasis enough how smooth this engine is.  Very impressed.  Can't wait to give her a go!  

This message was modified Nov 15, 2011 by mvedepo
Replies: 8 - 17 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mvedepo

Re: Picked up my Pro 28!
Reply #8   Nov 15, 2011 12:44 pm
blumonster wrote:
Congrats on your new purchase Mvedepo.

Thanks for spending your hard earned dollars for a Wisconsin-made product.

Your driveway should extend accross the street.You must own consecutive lots, thus the need for this monster?

I definitely do not need a machine this size for my driveway.  However,  here is how I justify this beast:

1. What do you don't see is that I am on the outside of a curve and when the plow goes by there will be a 3'+ berm of heavy wet garbage that's a pain to remove. 
  2. I am planning on buying 10 - 20 acres and building or moving to the country next year.
  3. My neighbor informing me that he always laughs at me when he sees me out tackling the berm with my single stage Toro.  He has a 28" Simplicity with 250 cc 11.5 tq machine.
  4. Because I have just a touch of Tim Taylor in me. (In the straight way.) 
  5. I wanted it.
aa335

Reply #9   Nov 15, 2011 12:53 pm
mvedepo wrote:
I definitely do not need a machine this size for my driveway.  However,  here is how I justify this beast:

1. What do you don't see is that I am on the outside of a curve and when the plow goes by there will be a 3'+ berm of heavy wet garbage that's a pain to remove. 
  2. I am planning on buying 10 - 20 acres and building or moving to the country next year.
  3. My neighbor informing me that he always laughs at me when he sees me out tackling the berm with my single stage Toro.  He has a 28" Simplicity with 250 cc 11.5 tq machine.
  5. I wanted it.

#1 and #5 excuse would work just fine for me. 

I have driveway similar to yours and I have 3 snowblowers.  I truly understands. 
This message was modified Nov 15, 2011 by aa335
blumonster

Reply #10   Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm
mvedepo wrote:

5. I wanted it.

'I wanted' is the best justification.You do not need more. lol
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #11   Nov 15, 2011 2:12 pm
Concratulations on getting the Ariens Pro 28.  .  With  21 ft lbs of torque,  420 cc and only 28 inches, it should be a high performance machine.  Does it have a hydrostatic transmission? 

Great pictures too.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #12   Nov 15, 2011 2:20 pm
royster wrote:
Concratulations on getting the Ariens Pro 28.  .  With  21 ft lbs of torque,  420 cc and only 28 inches, it should be a high performance machine.  Does it have a hydrostatic transmission? 

Great pictures too.

From the pic he posted of the dashboard it looks like it has notches so it's unlikely to be a hydrostatic trans.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #13   Nov 15, 2011 2:38 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
From the pic he posted of the dashboard it looks like it has notches so it's unlikely to be a hydrostatic trans.

Yes, I just noticed the notches now, Thanks.

bus708

Reply #14   Nov 15, 2011 6:56 pm
Please give us a review. I'm looking into the pro track 28 model with the same engine
stresst

Reply #15   Nov 15, 2011 8:26 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Congratulations! That's a nice looking machine. I'm looking forward to hearing how well it does this winter.

It does look like overkill for your small driveway tho.

If that looks small you need to see mine! Wow that just sounded really effin GAY! LMAO

Nice machine, actually REALLY NICE MACHINE! How is the steering on the PRO's? I looked rather overlooked this feature 2 weeks back when I was at the dealer.......

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #16   Nov 15, 2011 9:02 pm
stresst wrote:
If that looks small you need to see mine! Wow that just sounded really effin GAY! LMAO

Nice machine, actually REALLY NICE MACHINE! How is the steering on the PRO's? I looked rather overlooked this feature 2 weeks back when I was at the dealer.......

They require muscle to manuever around I tried out a similar model at the Ariens/Toro dealer and they are impossible for my wife to steer. My back does not need the workout this would give it. It will blow the snow really well. I have a lighter and easier to steer machine versus this one which is much harder to steer depending on your individual situation. If you are a big strong guy and can easily move this around like a toy then great, it'll work a treat. But if you have a bad back and a small wife and want to do an easy job on your 220 foot long driveway with a big section for parking off of that then the Toro at least for me was a better pick.

I test drove a bunch of machines and nothing that I tested was as easy to use as the Toro. My wife couldn't turn any of these machines at all, just the Toro.

But if you just want power this has plenty of it. I can do my driveway 2 times on 1 tank of gas so it's pretty economical as well.

I wonder how much fuel the Ariens Pro 28 uses?

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
borat

Reply #17   Nov 15, 2011 9:16 pm
Nice machine but, why so much engine?  That's 115cc larger than the 305cc engine on my Simplicity and it has plenty of power.  Just wondering where the "over-kill" threshold is?
Replies: 8 - 17 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42