Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > does this look right?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

does this look right?
Original Message   Nov 14, 2011 9:08 pm
My brand new Toro 1028 OXE. I noticed a open end of a pipe. on the right side its open and the left side its closed take a look on the picture

and here its closed

does it belong like that?

This message was modified Nov 14, 2011 by JoelKlein

Toro 1028 OXE
Replies: 8 - 17 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
zavdavpam

Re: does this look right?
Reply #8   Nov 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Always exciting trying to figure out what to do with a mysterious new-found hole!  Good Luck.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #9   Nov 14, 2011 11:21 pm
JoelKlein wrote:
Will call up my dealer and complain

I would since they obviously forgot to put it on.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
niper99

Reply #10   Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am
its supposed to be like that....they only drilled and tapped one side.. its completey normal..if they forget to put the plug in there would be oil every where.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #11   Nov 15, 2011 3:10 am
niper99 wrote:
its supposed to be like that....they only drilled and tapped one side.. its completey normal..if they forget to put the plug in there would be oil every where.

I could take pics of my Toro 1028 where it has a screw plug on both sides but it's rather late here right now. It's not normal, but if you think it is take pics of your Toro 1028 and post them on here so we can see how normal it is.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
JoelKlein

Reply #12   Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Thanks Steve. Pls post a picture so I will have a esear job calling my dealer again... Its so frustrating. What will I find wrong tommorow ? Any body knowing of a reliable toro dealer around 10952? Thanks

Toro 1028 OXE
jrtrebor

Reply #13   Nov 15, 2011 8:55 am
That's a casting for an oil filler plug.  For what ever reason they only machined out the one on the other side.  Sometimes they do that.
If it was open to the case and missing the cap you would have oil everywhere if the engine was started.  Take a small screwdriver or anything else that will fit and stick it in the hole.
My guess is that it will only go in maybe 1 1/2" if that far, and then stop.  If it goes in further and has oil in it when you pull it out then you need to call your dealer and or get a cap for it.
borat

Reply #14   Nov 15, 2011 9:13 am
They used to drill/thread and cap both holes to facilitate engine positioning.  Depending on where the engine would be situated on a particular piece of equipment, one didn't know where the oil fill hole would be located.  So, by drilling both holes, engine placement is more flexible.  On my machines, both holes are drilled and capped.  If the hole isn't drilled, don't sweat the missing cap.  Use the hole to hold a small flag pole. 
Garth

Reply #15   Nov 15, 2011 9:52 am
I noticed that some Ariens had the same situation .
Steve_Cebu

Reply #16   Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm
JoelKlein wrote:
Thanks Steve. Pls post a picture so I will have a esear job calling my dealer again... Its so frustrating. What will I find wrong tommorow ? Any body knowing of a reliable toro dealer around 10952? Thanks

Sure thing here are the pics of the Right and Left sides of my Toro 1028.

JoelKlein

Reply #17   Nov 15, 2011 1:46 pm
Thanks steve.
Now I have a valid reason to call my dealer and name him "sloppy"
now I'm not sure what else he didn't setup right... now I'm nervus. unless I could ask a pro to come down to me and examine the 1028.
any ideas? (i'm willing to pay for it)
Thanks

Toro 1028 OXE
Replies: 8 - 17 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42