Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What to use to lube chute flange on Ariens?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
manjestic

What to use to lube chute flange on Ariens?
Original Message   Nov 10, 2011 1:16 pm
What do folks use for lubrication on the flange on which the chute rotates.  Would white lithium grease be appropriate?
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
carlb

Re: What to use to lube chute flange on Ariens?
Reply #1   Nov 10, 2011 1:20 pm
I use white lith and I have not had any problems.
Bill_H

Reply #2   Nov 10, 2011 1:30 pm
Depends on your neighborhood. If you live in a place where they use a lot of sand or if you have an unpaved driveway, grease can collect grit resulting in excessive wear and perform worse than no lube at all. In those cases spray graphite or silicone has been good for me. Otherwise any grease that doesn't get too stiff in the cold will work. Silicone spray has been good on plastic, Dryphite on metal.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
manjestic

Reply #3   Nov 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Thanks for the tips.  What about a teflon dry lube?  I use this on my bicycle chains.  Sprays on wet and dries to a paste like substance that repels water.  Not sure how well it works in sub-freezing temperatures.
bus708

Reply #4   Nov 10, 2011 3:45 pm
It depends on your blower. My old 924 I use axle grease. My new Compact 24 i use nothing because the shoot touches nothing. The shoot bracket hovers the shoot over the discharge hole 1/4 inch
manjestic

Reply #5   Nov 10, 2011 5:07 pm
It's an ST824.  I pulled the chute off and cleaned the old grease (and sand) that was there.  I put axle grease but now I have second thoughts.  I'm going to try the teflon stuff.
jrtrebor

Reply #6   Nov 10, 2011 6:49 pm
I use Anti Seize.  Stays on forever and it doesn't take much.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42