Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help, have new 2012 Honda HS928 have questions.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Whoha

Help, have new 2012 Honda HS928 have questions.
Original Message   Nov 5, 2011 10:11 am
I just picked up a 2012 Honda HS928K1WA. I just replaced my Yamaha YS828 and am clueless  on Honda's Hydro-static trans..

How do you use it?? If I put it is what would be speed 3 and engage the clutch it clunks and does an instant engagement. There is no slipping the clutch so to speak no matter how slow I engage it or how fast.  OR do I have to always have to have it in neutral and ease it up to speed every time I have to start out. If so, that would suck. HELP!!
Replies: 43 - 52 of 62Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Re: Help, have new 2012 Honda HS928 have questions.
Reply #43   Nov 13, 2011 2:56 pm
I dont see the problem with my 926 track model.  It just goes at watever speed is selected when you clutch it.  No clumk at all, but I rarely start out at a very fast speed and generally blow snow at reduced speeds.  Even on clean concrete - no clunk but it will stress out your shoulders if its set fast.  Just gotta be careful its not unexpectedly in full reverse when you do the clutch thing or youll get track marks all over yurself.

aa335

Reply #44   Nov 13, 2011 3:27 pm
@Whoha

Interesting username.    All in the same, its either a playground or a toxic waste zone.  The creator has an amazing sense of humor.

I was quite surprised you used a Dremel to cut out few extra notches on the chute ring, although I know why extra rotation is desired.  That take some guts or insanity.  Most people wouldn't have the heart to hack a brand new snowblower that hasn't even seen a snowflake or has gone through an oil change. 

If the transmission is really an issue, there should be a lot more people b*tching and whining about it.  It's not like Honda snowblower were just released last year.

Again, I would suggest getting your new snowblower checked out or at least compare how an identical HS928 transmission operates.  It's not necessary to call Honda engineers INEPT across the board because of an isolated problem.  Not that I need to defend engineers for whatever reasons, but if you're dropping $2500 on a snowblower that is still in warranty, it's the least you can do before mudslinging.
This message was modified Nov 17, 2011 by aa335
MN_Runner

Reply #45   Nov 13, 2011 3:40 pm
What is H1?
aa335

Reply #46   Nov 13, 2011 3:42 pm
Hummer H1
carlb

Reply #47   Nov 13, 2011 3:43 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
What is H1?

H1 would be the original Humvy
MN_Runner

Reply #48   Nov 13, 2011 3:45 pm
Sorry, I am an Air Force guy.
aa335

Reply #49   Nov 13, 2011 3:46 pm
No problem, I'm just a civilian who's not up to date with  the  latest Jane's publications.  :)
This message was modified Nov 13, 2011 by aa335
MN_Runner

Reply #50   Nov 13, 2011 3:48 pm
Sorry for another question.  What do you mean by "Jane's publication"?  It is not a common phrase in MN.
This message was modified Nov 13, 2011 by MN_Runner
Steve_Cebu

Reply #51   Nov 13, 2011 7:32 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Sorry for another question.  What do you mean by "Jane's publication"?  It is not a common phrase in MN.

Jane's is a series of books on military weapons of all sorts. It's an exhaustive resource and they cover everything you can imagine.

Here is a link if it's military Jane's has it.

http://www.amazon.com/Janes-Tanks-Combat-Vehicles-Recognition/dp/0004724526

http://articles.janes.com/articles/indepth/jiw.html

http://jawa.janes.com/public/jawa/index.shtml

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Whoha

Reply #52   Nov 20, 2011 9:13 am
The meager  snowfall in Minneapolis gave me some user time on my Honda, I did 3 driveways. Here is what I found out with that very very short time of use.  I found that I need to always be around  1/4 throttle to engage the trans. Going from fwd to rev is great and is fluid.   I am having a hard time relearning the right hand shoot turning handle. It seems just SO unnatural. Time will change that. With such little wet snow I have only that to go by on how this Honda is compared in performance  to my Yamaha. As it sits with this snowfall I feel the Yamaha can throw snow farther, and has more torque,  but it is a new tight motor, so I will have to give it time to break-in the motor.
I did do some heavy load runs on a bike path next to my house. I would throw snow directly in front of the snowblower so I could put a nice load on the motor to start the proper high load piston ring break-in procedure. If we have wimpy snowfalls and I can't get a good load on the machine I will keep doing the bike path runs so I can break the motor in right. I will be doing my first oil change today.

I did notice that the Honda has a very conservative governor system.  After about 5 hours of break-in time I think I will turn up the rpm another 200rpms. Depending on how the governor system is designed, this may help that issue out.
This message was modified Nov 20, 2011 by Whoha
Replies: 43 - 52 of 62Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42