Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > foam block in fuel tank?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
al_in_nh

foam block in fuel tank?
Original Message   Oct 29, 2011 5:35 pm
I have a Toro 828lxe with a tecumseh engine.   Today when I was fueling it up I noticed a square foam block about 1" square,  with a hole through the center, laying in the fuel tank.  Where did this come from? 
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
borat

Re: foam block in fuel tank?
Reply #1   Oct 29, 2011 5:40 pm
Do you have kids?

It could have come off of the fuel intake line.  It may have been on the line to keep it floating at a certain level or angle.  First I've heard of it though.
al_in_nh

Reply #2   Oct 29, 2011 5:55 pm
No kids at home now.  Would it possibly go under that funnel looking thing inside the fuel cap?  I forgot to mention that it is made of sponge foam.
ajallen

Reply #3   Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm
It came from the gas cap you need to replace it (the gas cap)

AJ

jrtrebor

Reply #4   Oct 29, 2011 7:13 pm
Is the foam block loose and just floating around?  Or does it appear to be stuck to the bottom of the tank?
al_in_nh

Reply #5   Nov 1, 2011 3:02 pm
It was loose in the tank.   My co-worker just told me that the foam block goes under the funnel looking part in the gas cap.  No need for a new cap.  Just pull off the funnel under the cap, install foam and put the funnel back on over it.  I have not tried it yet but If it stays together I will be all set. 

Thanks

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42