Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Do people cover their walk-behind snowblowers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
KerryAll

Do people cover their walk-behind snowblowers?
Original Message   Oct 10, 2011 10:45 pm
Some of us have to leave the snowblower outside, on the deck, behind the house. Do you cover yours? What do you use? Would you cover it if you had a good cover?
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Re: Do people cover their walk-behind snowblowers?
Reply #1   Oct 12, 2011 5:45 pm
For the last 5-6 years,I have  kept my snowblowers near my back door, so I dont have to wade through the snow to get my snowblower out of the barn, like I use to do.     I use the cover that is made for them by the manufacturer.. My present machine is a Husqvarna.

stresst

Reply #2   Oct 12, 2011 8:56 pm
royster wrote:
For the last 5-6 years,I have  kept my snowblowers near my back door, so I dont have to wade through the snow to get my snowblower out of the barn, like I use to do.     I use the cover that is made for them by the manufacturer.. My present machine is a Husqvarna.

What shape is it in?? I ask cause mine has been out since last winter, I have it on a wood pallet under a Toro cover. I am scared $#%*less to take the cover off and see what it looks like! I have a feeling its going to be rusted! Everyday since last winter I said to myself I need to spray the entire thing with a lubricant but every god dam day I forget!

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #3   Oct 13, 2011 3:44 am
stresst wrote:
What shape is it in?? I ask cause mine has been out since last winter, I have it on a wood pallet under a Toro cover. I am scared $#%*less to take the cover off and see what it looks like! I have a feeling its going to be rusted! Everyday since last winter I said to myself I need to spray the entire thing with a lubricant but every god dam day I forget!

Might as well get to it and see if you need to get to work on it BEFORE the snow hits.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #4   Oct 13, 2011 3:33 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Might as well get to it and see if you need to get to work on it BEFORE the snow hits.

Or at least check to see if it's still there and not stolen! 

FrankMA

Reply #5   Oct 14, 2011 7:21 am
stresst wrote:

You should be OK if it's a breathable cover and not a plastic tarp.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Bill_H

Reply #6   Oct 14, 2011 3:03 pm
Look very closely to make sure no mice have moved into it BEFORE you try to start it. Failure to do so can be ... unpleasant.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
stresst

Reply #7   Oct 14, 2011 10:34 pm
Bill_H wrote:
Look very closely to make sure no mice have moved into it BEFORE you try to start it. Failure to do so can be ... unpleasant.

I didnt think of that......We have a place upstate and inside the garage we store about 1/2 ton of kernel corn, anyway a few times over the years I ripped belts to shreds when starting my atv's! Had to put a screen over the intake, we even plugged the mufflers with brillo!

TORO 826OXE
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #8   Oct 17, 2011 5:47 pm
stresst wrote:

I only cover it in the winter time, outside.  Our winters are dry and very cold, so there is no rust,.  When the snow season is over, I always check it over, oil spray it, change the oil etc and put it back into the barn..   But during this last summer, I have had a garage built only 10 ft from the back door. It is 24x29 feet , I will keep my snowblower in there from now on.

KerryAll

Reply #9   Oct 18, 2011 9:55 pm
I'm curious (and a bit jealous) Royster- why a garage 24' x 29' and not 24' x 30'?
MN_Runner

Reply #10   Oct 21, 2011 6:58 pm
I think Royster converted from the metric to english for us americans.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42