Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Project #2 Replacing auger shaft bushings with bearings

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Ariens Project #2 Replacing auger shaft bushings with bearings
Original Message   Oct 10, 2011 10:01 pm
Some of the Honda's and a few others have this set up and it just seemed like a good idea.
I bought a couple pairs of these flange bearings at an online auction for next to nothing.
Thought they are not that expensive new.
I was pleasantly surprised to fine out the the bolt holes in the new flanges matched up
perfectly with the original holes.  I did have to enlarge the center hole 1/8" all the way around.

First fitting

Painted and installed.

The auger spacing on the shaft between the bearing collar on the outer end. And the gear box on the inner end.
Worked out just right.  The collar sticks much further into the housing than the bushings did.
I thought that I was maybe going to have to grind off (shorten) the bearing collar
But with the drift pin and washer no longer needed on the shaft it created enough room. Yea!

This message was modified Oct 10, 2011 by jrtrebor
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42