Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Project # 1 Serrating augers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Ariens Project # 1 Serrating augers
Original Message   Oct 10, 2011 9:32 pm
These are a few projects that I started thinking about last season. The augers on the old Ariens blowers are super strong but they lack the serrations that have come to be common place on all new
blowers. I have experienced times when having some cutting action would have been helpful. Hoping that these new teeth will also lessen the blowers occasional desire to climb up a pile.
I went into home Depot and when no one was looking made a pattern on a piece of cardboard of some auger teeth from one of their blowers.  Adjusted it a little to fit the curve of my augers. Cut out the pattern for three teeth and then used a silver lacquer pen to transfer the pattern onto the steel.  That took almost as long as it did to cut out the teeth.  About two hours total for the job.  Used a right angle grinder with a 4 1/2 x .45 thick blade.

That ought to chew through something.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42