Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Time for a new lawnmower?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Time for a new lawnmower?
Original Message   Apr 1, 2011 12:41 pm
I purchased my lawnmower  May 12 , 1998 , so it is about 13 years old. It is a Craftsman 944.368300  s/n 010 998m 000270 It is powered by a Tecumseh VLV066  6.75 horsepower engine             No, I am not taking any pictures of the old thing.

21 inch cut,  , front wheel drive, has no throttle. starts wide open. I have had no problems with this mower  except maintenance required replacing the (always spinning ) front wheels twice. They are around $60  each at Sears , but I got  2 for $12    on e-bay ,twice. I have changed the oil every year, use the Craftsman 30 oil. and have changed the sparkplug  a few times.

I have been looking at some the new offerings and would like to  have an opinion on front or rear wheel drive. I've never used a rwd .

I looked at a Troy built at Can Tire yesterday.  It is rwd , has large rear  wheels, a Honda 160 cc engine,  Electric start with a battery on board, all 4 wheels can be adjusted for cutting height with  one control lever.   I think it is 21 inch , has left and right control levers to adjust ground speed.     It is priced at $599.99    I will get them  to move it down from the rack , the next time that I am in the store, so I can get a better look at it.     Sears are just getting in their new models  so will look at them soon.

This message was modified Apr 1, 2011 by royster

Replies: 1 - 27 of 27View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 27 of 27View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42