Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New John Deere Snowblowers -- Any Info?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
67L48

New John Deere Snowblowers -- Any Info?
Original Message   Aug 14, 2008 10:44 am
Just noticed that John Deere is putting its brand on a line of snowblowers again. 522E (single stage), 726E, 928E, 1130SE, 1332PE.  http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/category/HO_SNOW.html?tm=ho&link=prod_equip_page

These must be a rebrand of an existing machine.  Any info?

Replies: 7 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
larrylaverne

Re: New John Deere Snowblowers -- Any Info?
Reply #7   Feb 20, 2011 9:44 am
royster wrote:
   Those replies are excellent and correct.   The main reason to buy a John Deere snow blower is because you like the color green.

John Deere snowblowers are built by Briggs and Stratton and   have features from the other B&S built machines: Simplicity, Murray,etc.   Nothing special here other than the

green paint.

the color green?  what about the yellow wheels, and the yellow deere decal.they look pretty also...  the reason i bought my 1130se john deere  'AFTER'  i drove around and looked  at all the rest of the popular brands (honda,ariens,toro,craftsman,snapper,) that were within a reasonabe driving distance . Simplicity in my area did not have a dealership,but i did like what i saw on the internet about them.....comparing apples to apples here , the john deere model 1130 se  was put together for strength and rigidity as well as or better than the others. that was important to me because i snowblow A LOT of places. my briggs and stratton made blower has not once failed of its own fault,nor have i even had to replace shear pins, the 'triggerless' easy steer system is among the simplest to use. yea this is a briggs made blower, but my chevy is not all chevy either. my john deere dealer is totally outstanding with service second to none,which is a huge plus.     the lights, electric chute, easy steer, cast iron gearbox, x-trac tires, 1550 snow series MAX briggs engine, 200 degree chute rotation, heated grips are but a few reasons i chose the john deere.
borat

Reply #8   Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am
Is this international History week?

Another old post dug out of the past!
streetbully

Reply #9   Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am
I bought a 2011 JD 1338 PE snow blower and I really like it. Oh and I LOVE GREEN :)
Bill_H

Reply #10   Feb 20, 2011 10:10 pm
borat wrote:
Is this international History week?

Another old post dug out of the past!

yeah! I saw like 4 or 5 yesterday. Why??

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #11   Feb 22, 2011 8:09 pm
Good service and parts availability was a good reason for me to buy a  Craftsman.

royster

Reply #12   Mar 6, 2011 7:31 pm
larrylaverne wrote:
the color green?  what about the yellow wheels, and the yellow deere decal.they look pretty also...  the reason i bought my 1130se john deere  'AFTER'  i drove around and looked  at all the rest of the popular brands (honda,ariens,toro,craftsman,snapper,) that were within a reasonabe driving distance . Simplicity in my area did not have a dealership,but i did like what i saw on the internet about them.....comparing apples to apples here , the john deere model 1130 se  was put together for strength and rigidity as well as or better than the others. that was important to me because i snowblow A LOT of places. my briggs and stratton made blower has not once failed of its own fault,nor have i even had to replace shear pins, the 'triggerless' easy steer system is among the simplest to use. yea this is a briggs made blower, but my chevy is not all chevy either. my john deere dealer is totally outstanding with service second to none,which is a huge plus.     the lights, electric chute, easy steer, cast iron gearbox, x-trac tires, 1550 snow series MAX briggs engine, 200 degree chute rotation, heated grips are but a few reasons i chose the john deere.

Yes, the yellow wheels and the yellow John Deere decal are pretty also.  .  My neighbour has a new John Deere 28 inch, with the

305 14.5 torque Briggs and Stratton engine. His also has 2 headlights.    He says that his John Deere is an excellent machine, it is his first new snowblower.   

This message was modified Mar 10, 2011 by royster

Paul7

Reply #13   Mar 6, 2011 8:06 pm
royster wrote:
Yes, the yellow wheels and the yellow John Deere decal are pretty also.  .  My neighbour has a new John Deere 28 inch, with the

305 14.5 torque Briggs and Stratton engine. His also has 2 headlights.  This is an excellent machine.      

Royster how can you call the John Deere an excellent machine today in this thread but slam it in a different thread yesterday.  Yesterday the John Deere was stalling out, needed to be wiggled and jerked, and could only handle a half pass.  What happened to the John Deere from yesterday to today that now makes it an excellent machine?  Did John Deere suddenly start using a hydrostatic transmission...made by Hydro Gear...same as Craftsmen?

Royster wrote:  "So I decided to watch the others as they  had still not made their first pass through. They stopped in the heavy snow,  reversed and tried again, all the time the operators were wiggling and jerking  their machines and pushing them  to get through which they eventually  did.   Their engines were wailing then going on the governor, almost to a stall, (The John Deere did stall and had to be restarted.)  Then when they made their return pass  they attempted a full width pass, but each machine  wasn't getting through that way, so they selected 2 half width passes to get throough."

royster

Reply #14   Mar 10, 2011 8:38 pm
Paul7 wrote:
Royster how can you call the John Deere an excellent machine today in this thread but slam it in a different thread yesterday.  Yesterday the John Deere was stalling out, needed to be wiggled and jerked, and could only handle a half pass.  What happened to the John Deere from yesterday to today that now makes it an excellent machine?  Did John Deere suddenly start using a hydrostatic transmission...made by Hydro Gear...same as Craftsmen?

Royster wrote:  "So I decided to watch the others as they  had still not made their first pass through. They stopped in the heavy snow,  reversed and tried again, all the time the operators were wiggling and jerking  their machines and pushing them  to get through which they eventually  did.   Their engines were wailing then going on the governor, almost to a stall, (The John Deere did stall and had to be restarted.)  Then when they made their return pass  they attempted a full width pass, but each machine  wasn't getting through that way, so they selected 2 half width passes to get throough."

My previous message #12 said, " This is an excellent  machine"

It should have read (and now does)   He says (my neighbour )  that his John Deere is an excellent machine.     

Thanks for pointing this out, I guess I should have proof read the message before sending.

The conditions mentioned in my message  #12 were extreme,  so it is not surprising that the John Deere and the others  performed as they did.

Replies: 7 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42