Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MAJOR Snow Storm acoming!!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kellyinkc

MAJOR Snow Storm acoming!!!!
Original Message   Jan 30, 2011 5:01 pm
http://snowday.community.officelive.com/default.aspx

Replies: 11 - 20 of 33Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
WoodyWW

Re: MAJOR Snow Storm acoming!!!!
Reply #11   Feb 1, 2011 2:38 pm
This pic is from 3 or 4 Snow Storms ago in the Northeast. It's piled way higher now, including on the roof (!!). The little Toro 221Q has been a lifesaver, so far.....

(Damn photobucket doesn't work, so I deleted the faulty link. What's next, locusts?)
This message was modified Feb 1, 2011 by WoodyWW
Steve_Cebu

Reply #12   Feb 1, 2011 5:01 pm
WoodyWW wrote:
This pic is from 3 or 4 Snow Storms ago in the Northeast. It's piled way higher now, including on the roof (!!). The little Toro 221Q has been a lifesaver, so far.....

(Damn photobucket doesn't work, so I deleted the faulty link. What's next, locusts?)

I use Photobucket all the time. When you post a link clink on the little icon above with a mountain on it. Then in Photobucket when you hover your mouse over your pic you will get 4 options pick the second one that says direct link and paste that into the Image properties URL in the little mountain icon on Abby's guide. and below you see the result. Hope that helps. Oh and i'm using IE8.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #13   Feb 1, 2011 5:29 pm
NotMoneyGuy wrote:
Environment Canada just upgraded Toronto area from winter storm watch to warning. By Wed could have 25 - 30 cm, the most in three years, since Feb 6th, 2008. Winds gusting to 60 km/h should make for some nice drifts too. Start your engines, boogety, boogety....

Thought you guys just called in the army when it snowed!  LOL  Good Luck!

Regina set a record on Jan 14 for the most total winter snowfall (120 cm).  And......accumlated snowfall for that date averages 49% of that expected for the whole winter!

NotMoneyGuy

Reply #14   Feb 1, 2011 10:31 pm
Ah Dr_Woof, now you've done it, betrayed a national secret, that the real capitol of Canada (Toronto's) municipal (city) govenment controls the federal government's (national) military.  You might as well post a picture of the secret telephone that Mayor Mel Lastman used in 1999 to call Canada's then Defence Minister Art Eggleton on.  http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090111/090111_snow_10years/20090111/?hub=CP24Home

This message was modified Feb 1, 2011 by NotMoneyGuy

Ariens Deluxe 28  921022  WI, USA      --      Poulan PRO PR621ES 208 cm3 961880002-00

borat

Reply #15   Feb 1, 2011 10:39 pm
WoodyWW wrote:

I'm glad to hear your Toro 221 is getting the job done.  I've recently bought a 221QE.

According to a couple people on this forum, the 221 is only good for up to 6" of snow. 

Would you please give us your account of what the 221 has done for you? 

There are a few of us here who would like to know.
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #16   Feb 1, 2011 10:51 pm
borat wrote:
I'm glad to hear your Toro 221 is getting the job done.  I've recently bought a 221QE.

According to a couple people on this forum, the 221 is only good for up to 6" of snow. 

Would you please give us your account of what the 221 has done for you? 

There are a few of us here who would like to know.

Hmmm........Really don't look like 221 in the picture,.   Look more like ".......heavy equipment........"  (AKA snowshovels)  mentioned in the article lol
This message was modified Feb 1, 2011 by Dr_Woof

borat

Reply #17   Feb 1, 2011 10:55 pm
Dr_Woof wrote:
Hmmm........Really don't look like 221 in the picture,.   Look more like ".......heavy equipment........"  (AKA snowshovels)  mentioned in the article lol

Yeah.  I doubt they were doing woodyWW's driveway though. 
aa335

Reply #18   Feb 1, 2011 11:43 pm
Dr_Woof wrote:

It looks like one of the guys lost a contact lens and they're trying to find it.
Santaclause

Reply #19   Feb 2, 2011 9:43 am
no big snow here was supposed to get 12-16 inches got about 5-6 tops,not a big workout for the cub so oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kellyinkc

Reply #20   Feb 3, 2011 6:39 pm
Well, my Toro 221 went though EOD that was over the top of the blower with no issues. Yes it did bog down but never stalled, That thing is a pit bull.
We got 12" of snow and it just powered though it.
I call it the little engine that could. LOLOL!
Replies: 11 - 20 of 33Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42