Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Storm 5524 (Troy)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
grapeape

Storm 5524 (Troy)
Original Message   Jan 20, 2011 6:43 pm
Hello All,

I have a Troy 5524, and while out doing all the neighbors driveways, one decided not to take their paper up from the snow and I hit it.

The machine immediately stopped, I was able to restart it, and it drives fine, but the thrower handle as soon as you engage it, the machine dies.   The paper (and plastic is stuck under the black chute and it appears around a thing that spins (auger?   I've pulled away what I can, but when trying to get the chute off (4 screws I believe) the bottom 2 wont seem to come out, and the top 2 while off the plastic wont budge,  and it's not frozen on there. 

Any ideas how to get the paper off of the thing  (also tried scissors, but it only leaves the really hard to get to stuff)   I can't afford to have it repaired, and don't have a manual which might tell how to disassemble the cute and get to that area without nicking up my hands all over the blades.

I don't think I'm the only one who has ever ran over a paper, but maybe I am   lol. 
I tried to show a few different views.   

1st picture is a close up from the front view where all the paper and plastic is stuck to the top of the thing.
2nd picture is from the top of the chute down into the unit.
3rd picture is a further back view from the front.

Any advice (im a total novice with tools etc.  guess that's why I can't figure out why the screws are loose, but wont come off.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

This message was modified Jan 20, 2011 by grapeape
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42