Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD drive wheel needed for a track

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

MTD drive wheel needed for a track
Original Message   Nov 2, 2010 6:59 pm

MTD YARD MACHINES (SNOW THROWER) 26 INCH TRAC DRIVE MODEL:315E740F352  ENG: 8HP TECHUMSEH

The Rear Track Drive wheel  is no longer available.  (Part MTD631-0002)

I replaced 1 last year and should have ordered both. As soon as I replaced the broken one the other side started to show the same stress cracks .......!@#&%C$*&%C$

I looked around but to none are available and  I really do not want to take a chance and have the thing break down right in the middle of a storm.

It really doesn't owe me anything and has given me quite a few years of solid service. When I contacted MTD in effort to find one they kind of just shrugged it off.

Starwarrior

-

-

You should not have posted there and I should not have either.  Way off topic to the thread.

I would be doing the googling you are doing in hope of finding someone with NOS on the shelf or ebay as mentioned.  There are a number of guys selling used parts there and don't list everything. 

The drawings for my 10hp track is below.  My similar part is MTD 731-1538A  and supposed to be available.  Mine is held on with a jamb nut.   The drawing for yours does not show what holds it on.   Your idler uses, Hex Ins. Jam.  I don’t know what that is but some sort of jamb think like on my machine.  I would think the axle hole and diameter would be the same on both machines.  Possibly you could modify one like mine for your machine.  Mines a 1997, yours is 1995.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=MTD&mn=317E760F118

This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by trouts2
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BlakeryBob03

Re: MTD drive wheel needed for a track
Reply #7   Jan 12, 2011 4:47 pm
Starwarrior... I had your same problem.  My back wheels on my 95 MTD 826 broke.  Looked forever to find a replacement.     I just found the only route you can go.  A guy in Idaho is making them out of steel.  Just received mine the other day and installed them.  They will be there forever!  His website is FlyingVproducts.com.  Its great cause you can actually call the guy and talk to him and make sure you get the right ones.
Tell him I sent ya
Blake Thackeray
edgenet

If you enjoy doing it, It's not work

Re: MTD drive wheel needed for a track
Reply #8   Jan 12, 2011 7:49 pm
If you do not want to spend any more cash on the track system pop off the tracks and install a set of Snow-Hog tires and you are good to go

If you are getting paid for what you are doing No matter how much you Enjoy it,   It's a Job
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42