Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD drive wheel needed for a track

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

MTD drive wheel needed for a track
Original Message   Nov 2, 2010 6:59 pm

MTD YARD MACHINES (SNOW THROWER) 26 INCH TRAC DRIVE MODEL:315E740F352  ENG: 8HP TECHUMSEH

The Rear Track Drive wheel  is no longer available.  (Part MTD631-0002)

I replaced 1 last year and should have ordered both. As soon as I replaced the broken one the other side started to show the same stress cracks .......!@#&%C$*&%C$

I looked around but to none are available and  I really do not want to take a chance and have the thing break down right in the middle of a storm.

It really doesn't owe me anything and has given me quite a few years of solid service. When I contacted MTD in effort to find one they kind of just shrugged it off.

Starwarrior

-

-

You should not have posted there and I should not have either.  Way off topic to the thread.

I would be doing the googling you are doing in hope of finding someone with NOS on the shelf or ebay as mentioned.  There are a number of guys selling used parts there and don't list everything. 

The drawings for my 10hp track is below.  My similar part is MTD 731-1538A  and supposed to be available.  Mine is held on with a jamb nut.   The drawing for yours does not show what holds it on.   Your idler uses, Hex Ins. Jam.  I don’t know what that is but some sort of jamb think like on my machine.  I would think the axle hole and diameter would be the same on both machines.  Possibly you could modify one like mine for your machine.  Mines a 1997, yours is 1995.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=MTD&mn=317E760F118

This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by trouts2
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42