Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ill show you mine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

ill show you mine
Original Message   Jan 8, 2011 12:22 am
Just the ones I use. 

Replies: 31 - 40 of 65Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Paul7

Re: ill show you mine
Reply #31   Jan 8, 2011 10:52 pm
Knee_Biter wrote:
...Love my Toro single stage units.

What Toro single stage model would you recommend?   I'm looking for something when we don't get enough snow to fire up the 11.5hp machine.  I thought the Ariens 722 single stage would fit the bill but no luck...as you know.
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #32   Jan 8, 2011 10:57 pm
I have a toro 2450 and love it.  It is an older model but I think there are still a few new ones floating around.  Do a google search and see if you can find one.  Even if you have it shipped in. Cant go wrong. Or look on Craigslist for a used one.

http://www.acmetools.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_10052_10101_65893_66674_-1?cm_mmc_o=7BBTkw*4wygtzEf*mtB55bET*VyBpAgfl&cvsfa=2702&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3636363734

This message was modified Jan 8, 2011 by Knee_Biter

Paul7

Reply #33   Jan 8, 2011 11:22 pm
Knee_Biter wrote:
I have a toro 2450 and love it.  It is an older model but I think there are still a few new ones floating around.  Do a google search and see if you can find one.  Even if you have it shipped in. Cant go wrong. Or look on Craigslist for a used one.

http://www.acmetools.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_10052_10101_65893_66674_-1?cm_mmc_o=7BBTkw*4wygtzEf*mtB55bET*VyBpAgfl&cvsfa=2702&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3636363734

Thanks.  I'll start looking for one.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #34   Jan 8, 2011 11:57 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Steve,

It is very weak compared to your stupendous video clips.  Your clips are approaching professional quality.  I had to beg my 14yr son to video for me when the temp was around 10F this afternoon.  BTW, the video was taken with Cannon IS1300 camera.  Wait until we get a monster storm and I will make a better video.

Wow such big compliments  actually my wife is filming me and I am filming her. She says thank you. I am using currently a Canon 870is a truely fantastic camera. Canon makes really great cameras. Too bad they no longer make the 870is. Thankfully I will be getting a HD Camcorder for a late B-day present and we are getting a GoPro HD Hero camera as soon as the LCD bacpac is released for it. We WILL be mounting it on the snowblower!

We were at the indoor go kart track this evening and really wished we had it. I lapped my wife 3 times!!! LOL The track also uses GoPro cameras. I think your son did a pretty good job considering he nearly got blasted by the snow, haha. See a quick chute would have swung it right out of the way and more to the left. Oooooh can't wait to see a GoPro mounted on the Toro and in Hi-Def!

Just curious why you don't use YouTube? They convert the video for you and format it and everything. believe it or not I currently edit my videos on my PS3 with the free software and can even upload to YouTube from the PS3! Cool stuff!

Tell your son he might get famous and his friends can watch him on YouTube.

I'm looking forward to your next video.

Steve & Cathy

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
jrtrebor

Reply #35   Jan 9, 2011 12:07 am
If you want something that is really, really easy to move around.  Light enough to hang on your wall or pick up to cut down drifts. The little old Toro Snow Master 20, S200 or S620 are great little blowers.  Good for up to about 4 or 6"  But they will blow any kind of slush and never clog the chute, because there is no chute.  I've even blown 2" puddles of water and slush.

You can find used ones all over the place. For between $100.00 and $125.00 in really good shape and around $75.00 for good runners. Or $40.00 for beaters.  You usually want to put a new carb diaphragm in them for about $7.00 or $3.00 of Ebay.
I carry one around on the back of my truck on a hitch bracket I made.  They only throw about 10 to 15'. Not exactly a Tim Taylor machine. But they are fun little workhorses.
aa335

Reply #36   Jan 9, 2011 12:09 am
Here is my fleet:

Honda HS520AS, 2005 model                                Honda HS1132TAS, 2009 model

Honda HS621A, 1999 model                                               Toro 421QE, 2011 model

Out of these 4 machines, the Toro 421QE is my personal favorite.  It's perfect. 
Well balanced handling, convenient Quick Shoot, good throwing distance, and the engine has serious grunt and power to deal with slush and EOD piles.
This message was modified Jan 9, 2011 by aa335
MN_Runner

Reply #37   Jan 9, 2011 8:50 am
AA335,

A nice army of Toros and Hondas. 

All we need is a snowblower video called "The Ressurection of Forgotten Snowblower Going Over the Deads".  I highly recommend Trouts for this highly anticipated movie clip.

njal

Reply #38   Jan 9, 2011 9:10 am
NICE!!!!
njal

Reply #39   Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm
I am ready have them lined up and ready to rock and roll!

The orange one is an Ariens .I think I bought this way back in 1990.

31/2 HORSEPOWER 2 stage .Best part is it still works!

Had to thin out my heard.I 'm down to just 3 snowblowers now.

Havent used th Ariens in about 2 years since I bought the Honda and Snapper,

but I'm going to use it tomorrow... All I ever did to the Ariens was change the belts and scraper bar.

Also cleaned the carb a few times.So I guess I got my moneys worth out of it.It handled all of the blizzards

we had back in 1996 .I think we had one a week there for a few weeks in a row.

I was to busy working a ton of hours back then to take the time to buy a new toy.

This message was modified Jan 11, 2011 by njal
Shryp

Reply #40   Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm
njal wrote:
I am ready have them lined up and ready to rock and roll!

The orange one is an Ariens .I think I bought this way back in 1990.

31/2 HORSEPOWER 2 stage .Best part is it still works!

Had to thin out my heard.I 'm down to just 3 snowblowers now.

Havent used th Ariens in about 2 years since I bought the Honda and Snapper,

but I'm going to use it tomorrow... All I ever did to the Ariens was change the belts and scraper bar.

Also cleaned the carb a few times.So I guess I got my moneys worth out of it.It handled all of the blizzards

we had back in 1996 .I think we had one a week there for a few weeks in a row.

I was to busy working a ton of hours back then to take the time to buy a new toy.

Interesting 2 stage Ariens.
Replies: 31 - 40 of 65Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42