Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ill show you mine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

ill show you mine
Original Message   Jan 8, 2011 12:22 am
Just the ones I use. 

Replies: 21 - 30 of 65Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: ill show you mine
Reply #21   Jan 8, 2011 7:26 pm
I was just curious on what kind of response we would get out of it as they are fairly comical at times.  Since then I have retracked the bait as I have no desire to make this thread ugly.
MN_Runner

Reply #22   Jan 8, 2011 7:32 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
This is where a tracked model would shine as it could literally chew into ice like that. I figured something might be under the snow because you rode up so quickly. Normally it wouldn't do that.

The key to good video is to frame the shot and don't move or pan the camera very much. My wife is still working on that. Here is an example of a party where my wife got a bit wild  with her Filipina friends. But the point is even tho I moved around the room, I tried to do it without a lot of panning. It's not a great example but it's also not on a tripod. It's off topic but I did circle the room to the left and right, it came out ok. This video is safe for work.... mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczBVNWKZK8

Steve,

It is a 5" thick solid sheet of ice and I am not going to risk breaking the shear pins for my stupid little video. Maybe  I have a gift of making any machine look bad as you can see. 

Paul7

Reply #23   Jan 8, 2011 7:35 pm
A very nice array of equipment.  I like the brace idea.  Here's mine... I don't have the 7hp Ariens single stage anymore.  I like Ariens two-stage machines but lets just say that Ariens should be banned forever from making a single stage snowblower again LOL. 

njal

Reply #24   Jan 8, 2011 7:42 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Pictures from my backyard/pond.

P1010026  P1010025

For video (don't laugh too hard!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58015249@N02/5336719527/

Very Nice!!!  I enjoyed your video
I think I would get the wheel model if I were to get one now.

nice house !

Steve_Cebu

Reply #25   Jan 8, 2011 7:45 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Steve,

It is a 5" thick solid sheet of ice and I am not going to risk breaking the shear pins for my stupid little video. Maybe  I have a gift of making any machine look bad as you can see. 

I think you did ok, your machine looks fine to me. But yeah you don't want to risk breaking the shear pins for a video. When I had my 928 I chewed up like 3 inches of ice. But it took a while crawling to do it.

Your video isn't stupid at all, why say that? Lighten up, it gets better with experience.

This message was modified Jan 8, 2011 by Steve_Cebu

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
MN_Runner

Reply #26   Jan 8, 2011 7:56 pm
Steve,

It is very weak compared to your stupendous video clips.  Your clips are approaching professional quality.  I had to beg my 14yr son to video for me when the temp was around 10F this afternoon.  BTW, the video was taken with Cannon IS1300 camera.  Wait until we get a monster storm and I will make a better video.

Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #27   Jan 8, 2011 8:16 pm
Ariens chute baffle part# 524192 00

Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #28   Jan 8, 2011 8:22 pm
I second the banning of Ariens selling single stage units. I had the same one and my brother has one. It only throws in 1 direction.  Turn the chute and it plops out and goes nowhere. Love my Toro single stage units.

Paul7

Reply #29   Jan 8, 2011 8:49 pm
Knee_Biter wrote:
I second the banning of Ariens selling single stage units. I had the same one and my brother has one. It only throws in 1 direction.  Turn the chute and it plops out and goes nowhere. Love my Toro single stage units.

Mine would only throw straight ahead which for a 7hp machine was ridiculous.  And I made sure that all the belts and such were to specs.  Another disaster that I owned was a 2-cycle 4hp Ariens METRO two stage snow blower.  I'm feeling a bit queasy just remembering that calamity. 
jrtrebor

Reply #30   Jan 8, 2011 10:37 pm
knee_biter
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and doing it so quickly.  Makes a huge difference being able to actually see the piece. 

That is similar to what I was going to fabricate. But I was planning to bend it in a little further towards the top of the chute.  So that the show would be guided or directed in more towards the main stream. I was also going to put one on both side leaving at least 2 1/2" in the center of the two. Maybe a little shorter as well.  And use stainless steel.  
Replies: 21 - 30 of 65Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42