Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ill show you mine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

ill show you mine
Original Message   Jan 8, 2011 12:22 am
Just the ones I use. 

Replies: 15 - 24 of 65Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
jrtrebor

Re: ill show you mine
Reply #15   Jan 8, 2011 6:38 pm
I've wondered why on some or maybe all of the Honda 928s.  That they decided not to put on the square muffler housing / shield.
MN_Runner

Reply #16   Jan 8, 2011 6:42 pm
Not sure why Honda did not use a square exhaust type for HS928 and HS1132.  HS724 was really silent and HS928 does not come close in quietness.
This message was modified Jan 8, 2011 by MN_Runner
jrtrebor

Reply #17   Jan 8, 2011 7:05 pm
knee_biter
Forgot to comment on your experience with Impeller kit.  I've also noticed a big difference in the way that the blower handles heavy wet or even slushy snow.  Three weeks ago we had rain then wet snow and ended up at least
3" of clear dense slush with about an inch of snow on top.  If it had been colored it would have looked like a slurppy everywhere.
 I was able to blow stuff without any problem.  And didn't even a single time have the chute clog.
Like you said, it used to come out of the chute like you were making a giant sausage.

I didn't actually use and impeller kit.  Last summer I added weld and reground all the impeller blades to close the gap between the blade tip and the housing.  It's not tight like the impeller kit makes it.  But the gap is down to about 1/16. Personally I think that is about the single most beneficial and cheapest mod you can make to a blower. Not just to increase the throwing distance.  But more importantly, to increase the efficiency. And not waste any of the power behind it.   What ever goes in the front comes out the chute at it's first opportunity. Not after it's spun around in the housing for awhile. Just my opinion
Steve_Cebu

Reply #18   Jan 8, 2011 7:09 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
There is a 5" ice layer so I could only go over it.  My video skills are pretty poor but hopefully it will get better. 

This is where a tracked model would shine as it could literally chew into ice like that. I figured something might be under the snow because you rode up so quickly. Normally it wouldn't do that.

The key to good video is to frame the shot and don't move or pan the camera very much. My wife is still working on that. Here is an example of a party where my wife got a bit wild  with her Filipina friends. But the point is even tho I moved around the room, I tried to do it without a lot of panning. It's not a great example but it's also not on a tripod. It's off topic but I did circle the room to the left and right, it came out ok. This video is safe for work.... mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczBVNWKZK8

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
jrtrebor

Reply #19   Jan 8, 2011 7:11 pm
Mn Runner
Please don't bait him : ) This thread is going along so nicely. And besides he's not always wrong.  No malice.
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #20   Jan 8, 2011 7:16 pm
I will get a pic of the part for you and a part number for the Ariens part later when I get a chance.  It is just a piece of metal that is orange and has a couple of holes that line up with holes on the side of the chute. When bolted on it extends the chute out so there is no snow blowing past.  If you look at the chute on Ilikeoranges Ariens you can see that they made the chute deeper to correct the problem.  You can almost see the dip where the metal was extended. jrtrebor wrote:
knee_Biter
Great post, love looking at photos.  I be curious as to what Areins sent you to correct the problem you described.  I've been toying with a couple of mods to the chute on my repowered
Ariens 1032.  One is to taper the deflector. To narrow it down from the back to the front.  Just a bit to put a little compression on the snow stream as it's leaving the chute.
 I've also have an issue with. I'll call it stray snow, when the chute is turned hard right.

This message was modified Jan 8, 2011 by Knee_Biter

MN_Runner

Reply #21   Jan 8, 2011 7:26 pm
I was just curious on what kind of response we would get out of it as they are fairly comical at times.  Since then I have retracked the bait as I have no desire to make this thread ugly.
MN_Runner

Reply #22   Jan 8, 2011 7:32 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
This is where a tracked model would shine as it could literally chew into ice like that. I figured something might be under the snow because you rode up so quickly. Normally it wouldn't do that.

The key to good video is to frame the shot and don't move or pan the camera very much. My wife is still working on that. Here is an example of a party where my wife got a bit wild  with her Filipina friends. But the point is even tho I moved around the room, I tried to do it without a lot of panning. It's not a great example but it's also not on a tripod. It's off topic but I did circle the room to the left and right, it came out ok. This video is safe for work.... mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczBVNWKZK8

Steve,

It is a 5" thick solid sheet of ice and I am not going to risk breaking the shear pins for my stupid little video. Maybe  I have a gift of making any machine look bad as you can see. 

Paul7

Reply #23   Jan 8, 2011 7:35 pm
A very nice array of equipment.  I like the brace idea.  Here's mine... I don't have the 7hp Ariens single stage anymore.  I like Ariens two-stage machines but lets just say that Ariens should be banned forever from making a single stage snowblower again LOL. 

njal

Reply #24   Jan 8, 2011 7:42 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
Pictures from my backyard/pond.

P1010026  P1010025

For video (don't laugh too hard!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58015249@N02/5336719527/

Very Nice!!!  I enjoyed your video
I think I would get the wheel model if I were to get one now.

nice house !

Replies: 15 - 24 of 65Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42