Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 826OXE first oil change questions

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Toro 826OXE first oil change questions
Original Message   Jan 2, 2011 1:55 pm
I would have to assume I already have 5 hours and being its 50 degrees outside, I figure its a great time. When I bought the machine I had the dealer put in B&Stratton 5w30 synthetic oil but it was the last one. Called around to a few places but seems nobondy has it in stock. Do I buy it online or can I use Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 in its place. My plan was to stick with one oil for the life of the motor. My second question is does this motor have a filter, I would say not. Just trying to make sure. Is there anything else I should do after the first 5 hours?
This message was modified Jan 2, 2011 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 27 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Spartan

Re: Toro 826OXE first oil change questions
Reply #27   Jan 3, 2011 9:19 pm
borat wrote:
I wish I had the ambition to answer each point your entire post but unfortunately I don't...  

Don't worry, thats OK Borat, truth be told, I didn't read anything you wrote after this first sentence in your reply to me.  What's the point, really?  You shared your opinion, I shared my opinion and everyone else in the thread can listen to that or chime in with their own. Everyone wins.
That's the great thing about forums.  Seems like you're taking it a wee bit too personal and you shouldn't, really.  Happy snow blowing.
borat

Re: Toro 826OXE first oil change questions
Reply #28   Jan 3, 2011 9:24 pm
trouts2 wrote:
   I don't think he would get 155 without electric start so assume he was using electric.  Once CR is ingaged it's impossible to get beyond a certain PSI range, at least on Tecumseh.  I'm not sure about Briggs BUT if CR could kick out at electric start speeds the resistance would be too much for electric start motors which would quickly overheat and crap out.

I corrected my original post to read 150 psi. not 155.   So, your suspicions weren't unfounded.
This message was modified Jan 3, 2011 by borat
Replies: 27 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42