Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 421Q & 421QE (38588/38589)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
allenm

Toro 421Q & 421QE (38588/38589)
Original Message   Dec 29, 2010 3:40 pm
Toro 421Q & 421QE (38588/38589)

I purchased two of these snow blowers (one for me, and one for my Mom).  The other model I was considering was the Honda HS520AS. The deal breaker was the Quick Shoot control. I cannot emphasize enough how much you will love this.  Adds to making snow blowing easy and fun!

When you first look at the unit it looks big for 1 stage snow blower.  However, after using it a time or two, it feels light and maneuvers very easily. My Mom is 71 and has no problem with it at all.

If you have under 1 inch of snow, don't expect it to throw very far.  If you have 2-10 inches, it will throw the snow 35 feet as Toro claims. It's been a great snow blower.  I highly recommend the product. 

My question for anyone......In the past few weeks, I've been reading more and more people that own the Toro 421Q and 421QE that have experienced gas leaking problem.  Similar to the Power Clear 180 recall back in June of 2010.  Curious to know if anyone has experienced this with their Toro 421Q or 421QE snow blower????

I purchased my snow blower online from Home Depot.  I received it double boxed.  There was an outside box (separated from the manufactures box) to handle shipping better.  Very professionally shipped and boxed from Home Depot (as it should be)!

My Mom was not so lucky.  She ordered hers through Snow Blowers Direct.  When she received it, the snow blower was falling out of the box and was damaged (broken shoot).  We contact Snow Blowers Direct.  They sent her another shoot, but here's the part that put my Mom in tears......they sent it in 14 pieces for her to assemble. Adding insult to injury, they did not send all the pieces for it to work.  Snow Blowers Direct sent her 1 spring, as the unit requires 2. Our local Toro dealer had to order the second spring. Our local Toro dealer put it together for $30.  This entire problem could have been avoided if the product was packaged accordingly.  One cannot help but read the numerous complaints where several people have receive damaged product from Snow Blowers Direct.
This message was modified Dec 29, 2010 by allenm
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42