Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Breaking the Jinx!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

Breaking the Jinx!
Original Message   Dec 19, 2010 9:55 pm
Oh Gosh I hope it won't snow! I just washed my snowblower and waxed it. It would be terrible if it snowed and got all dirty. I sure hope it doesn't snow this weekend that would be awful! It's too cold to be out blowing snow. I hope we have the lightest snowfall of the decade. Nothing could possibly make it snow. I hope we don't have any snow at all this year that would be great!

This year we will have no snow at all here. We won't get more than a flurry all winter. It's so great when it isn't snowing. There isn't a cloud in the sky!

Now to sit back and wait for the blizzard of 2011

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 29 - 38 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
woweh

Re: Breaking the Jinx!
Reply #29   Dec 24, 2010 10:13 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Actually it's filled up with a full tank of gas an Sta-Bil to boot. No trailer unfortunately.

Hey what part of the Philippines is your wife from? Mine is from Cebu (kinda obvious by the name) Does your wife use your snowblower at all?

Hi Steve, sorry for the late reply, busy time of the year as it is for everyone, finally had a chance to sit down by the PC. As for the question, I don't think it is a personal question. The Wifey is from ilo ilo, I had to start with lower case or it would look like IloIlo....lol. As for using the snow blower, she would if I would let her hehehe... BUT it is my toy and me likes to use it!!!! She loves the Winter, sometimes I think more then myself.

So did your jinx break!!! Did you get your machine out!! I hope so. Have yourself a very Merry Christmas Steve and everyone!!! C ya

This message was modified Dec 25, 2010 by woweh
Steve_Cebu

Reply #30   Dec 25, 2010 10:09 am
woweh wrote:
Hi Steve, sorry for the late reply, busy time of the year as it is for everyone, finally had a chance to sit down by the PC. As for the question, I don't think it is a personal question. The Wifey is from ilo ilo, I had to start with lower case or it would look like IloIlo....lol. As for using the snow blower, she would if I would let her hehehe... BUT it is my toy and me likes to use it!!!! She loves the Winter, sometimes I think more then myself.

So did your jinx break!!! Did you get your machine out!! I hope so. Have yourself a very Merry Christmas Steve and everyone!!! C ya

The holidays are for family, they always come first.

Yeah I know Iloilo is pretty tough on a PC if you don't know where it is. I have friends who live in Bacolod which obviously is on Negros but you just take the RoRo over to Iloilo. You have some really good festivals there. Some are like a smaller version of Sinulog like we have in Cebu. Have you and your wife ever been to Sinulog in Cebu City?

My wife actually loves the snow and winter in general. Of course Visayan girls are the best!  You should let your wife try out the snowblower and let her in on some of the fun too.

Jinx is sort of broken, we did get an inch, but heavy accumulation is forecast for Sunday night and supposedly it's going to be a LOT of snow! Yay!

Oh did your wife setup for Christmas in September like most Filipinos or did she wait? Mine had to wait and misses the 5 months of Christmas they have over there. I miss shooting off all the fireworks at Christmas.

A Merry Christmas to you and your wife and a Happy New Year filled with lots of Snow.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Catt

Reply #31   Dec 25, 2010 10:13 am
Here in Minnesota some people are trying to find additional locations to pile their snow.  I take care of my business parking lot & sidewalks and I'm getting a little concerned where I'm going to put it.  We already have a record December and the forecast is for two more dumps before the end of the year.

So for my Christmas wish...  I want to share with a few less fortunate and send a few storms your way.
aa335

Reply #32   Dec 25, 2010 10:40 am
Sure I'll take a foot or two of snow off your hands. Not all at one though.
Shryp

Reply #33   Dec 25, 2010 12:58 pm
I could use some.  How much are you charging for delivery to Ohio?
Steve_Cebu

Reply #34   Dec 25, 2010 1:02 pm
Catt wrote:
Here in Minnesota some people are trying to find additional locations to pile their snow.  I take care of my business parking lot & sidewalks and I'm getting a little concerned where I'm going to put it.  We already have a record December and the forecast is for two more dumps before the end of the year.

So for my Christmas wish...  I want to share with a few less fortunate and send a few storms your way.

What a pal, ok I'll take 2+ feet for NH all at once please that way I can really test how far my Toro 1028 will throw it. Powder is preffered but will take anything at this point.

Shryp

Reply #35   Dec 25, 2010 1:14 pm
I am getting an idea here.  How about you MN people throw your snow towards MI.  You MI people throw your snow towards IL.  You IL people throw towards OH.  I'll throw towards PA.  Eventually someone should get it NH for you.

We have enough people wishing for snow we should be able to team up and make everyone happy.

When we are done we can turn around and send it back to MN.  After all we just want to barrow it, not keep it.
This message was modified Dec 25, 2010 by Shryp
Steve_Cebu

Reply #36   Dec 25, 2010 9:30 pm
Shryp wrote:
I am getting an idea here.  How about you MN people throw your snow towards MI.  You MI people throw your snow towards IL.  You IL people throw towards OH.  I'll throw towards PA.  Eventually someone should get it NH for you.

We have enough people wishing for snow we should be able to team up and make everyone happy.

When we are done we can turn around and send it back to MN.  After all we just want to barrow it, not keep it.

Works for me! It looks like we have a Blizzard watch for tomorrow night so that means 8-12 inches which is a good start. It could be more but at least we have Monday off so plenty of time for making new videos of our Toro.

aa335

Reply #37   Dec 26, 2010 6:41 pm
Shryp wrote:

Hey, I'm in IL and definitely on the wrong side of the frikkin big lake, too darn cold and could use more snow.  A lot of storms just miss us and picks up additional moisture from the Lake Michigan and dumps on Michigan.  I guess that's why they name a lake after Michigan.  :)

I think we only get big storms if mother nature feels sorry for Minnesota and decides to let it loose on Wisconsin and Illinois. 

So a tip for anyone moving to the Midwest in search of snow, make sure you are on the east side of the lake.  :)
Steve_Cebu

Reply #38   Dec 26, 2010 6:53 pm
I'd say the Jinx has been broken. Snow is really coming down and we have a Blizzard watch in effect until Monday evening. 18 hours or so of snow. Wahoo!

Replies: 29 - 38 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42