Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > simplicity pro vs. honda snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikiewest

simplicity pro vs. honda snowblower
Original Message   Dec 27, 2008 6:40 pm
Does anyone have an opinion on which one is more durable?Simplicity P1628E or Honda 928WAS?Also which one would be better at throwing 2-4 inches of that heavy wet snow??
Replies: 7 - 16 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Izzynormal

Re: simplicity pro vs. honda snowblower
Reply #7   Dec 22, 2010 9:46 pm
Just purchased the HS928 Honda.  Read that the hydrostatic transmission stops opposite  track when you turn the unit one way or the other.

I tried it on dry concrete and it steered easily as long as it's in motion.  No snow in Pittsburgh yet so I don't know how it handles in snow.  I don't care for the low height of the handlebars and the mystery of the amperage and voltage of the lighting circuit.   I had one seller on feeBay tell me the replacement bulb number they stock is the GE H7614 12V 50.  I replied asking if it's the original Honda replacement because I've read that the output of the lighting circuit is 12VA.C. 18w on other forums. Still doing research on it.

aa335

Reply #8   Dec 22, 2010 9:54 pm
I don't think the one track stops while turning.  Both left and right tracks are locked together by a solid axle between them.

By the way, congrats on the Honda purchase. 
This message was modified Dec 22, 2010 by aa335
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Reply #9   Dec 24, 2010 2:54 pm
Those Big Heavy "C" channel handlebars are what you need on the Simplicity when the friction wheel tire becomes 'bald' and YOU have to supply the forward motion.  Honda's Don't have friction wheels, which explains why they're worth every penny, No Pushing Required.
Bill_H

Reply #10   Dec 24, 2010 6:42 pm
New_Yorker wrote:
Those Big Heavy "C" channel handlebars are what you need on the Simplicity when the friction wheel tire becomes 'bald' and YOU have to supply the forward motion.  Honda's Don't have friction wheels, which explains why they're worth every penny, No Pushing Required.

You gonna mention this in EVERY single post? 

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
borat

Reply #11   Dec 24, 2010 7:06 pm
Bill_H wrote:

You gonna mention this in EVERY single post? 

Forgive him.

He knows not of what he speaks.
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #12   Dec 26, 2010 7:56 am
borat wrote:
Forgive him.

He knows not of what he speaks.

X2

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
MN_Runner

Reply #13   Dec 26, 2010 9:47 am
Just enjoy the snowblower when you have to use it.  Who really cares (sounds too much like a pissing contest) as long as the user is happy regardless of its color (red, yellow or blue), size (21" or 32") and power (electric or gas).
borat

Reply #14   Dec 26, 2010 10:05 am
MN_Runner wrote:
Just enjoy the snowblower when you have to use it.  Who really cares (sounds too much like a pissing contest) as long as the user is happy regardless of its color (red, yellow or blue), size (21" or 32") and power (electric or gas).

Not a pissing match.  It's a simple matter of setting the facts straight. 

New Yorker incorrectly claims that disk drive systems are problematic and unreliable.  Those of us with extensive experience and knowledge of  disk drive systems know otherwise. 

For the benefit of newcomers looking for guidance and facts about snow throwers, it's incumbent upon those who KNOW the facts to set the record straight.   If people do not challenge incorrect or misleading information being posted, why bother having forums?   
MN_Runner

Reply #15   Dec 26, 2010 11:07 am
There are a lot of good facts and useful information in this forum but also a huge amounts of IMO vs. facts. So the question is how do we separate facts from IMOs?  I think people are smart enough to discern and figure out mis-information vs. fact.
borat

Reply #16   Dec 26, 2010 11:35 am
MN_Runner wrote:
There are a lot of good facts and useful information in this forum but also a huge amounts of IMO vs. facts. So the question is how do we separate facts from IMOs?  I think people are smart enough to discern and figure out mis-information vs. fact.

Not all participants are informed.  Many come here looking for advice.  We should all ensure that information provided is at least close to being accurate.  Otherwise, the uniformed will be wading through heaps of b.s. to garner the facts.  Misinformation and false/incorrect claims should be challenged.
Replies: 7 - 16 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42