Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Breaking the Jinx!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

Breaking the Jinx!
Original Message   Dec 19, 2010 9:55 pm
Oh Gosh I hope it won't snow! I just washed my snowblower and waxed it. It would be terrible if it snowed and got all dirty. I sure hope it doesn't snow this weekend that would be awful! It's too cold to be out blowing snow. I hope we have the lightest snowfall of the decade. Nothing could possibly make it snow. I hope we don't have any snow at all this year that would be great!

This year we will have no snow at all here. We won't get more than a flurry all winter. It's so great when it isn't snowing. There isn't a cloud in the sky!

Now to sit back and wait for the blizzard of 2011

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 11 - 20 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Breaking the Jinx!
Reply #11   Dec 20, 2010 8:48 pm
Driving home from work, everyone is driving like grandma. Someone painted all the road white. I barely tap the gas pedal and the car decided to go sideways. Reverse lock to counter the rotation. :) Now the question is which shiny is coming out in the morning. Big red or little red?
This message was modified Dec 20, 2010 by aa335
Steve_Cebu

Reply #12   Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm
FrankMA wrote:
We're actually getting some snow here in eastern Mass as I type this. Not in any quantity but snow nonetheless - might be able to use the single stage tomorrow if we get a few inches or so.

I guess someone washed their car or snowblower today.

Not a flake in the sky and none forecast even for Christmas.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Steve_Cebu

Reply #13   Dec 20, 2010 8:52 pm
Chxbeachva wrote:
Good luck out there.  I just want to use it.  They have called for snow twice then retracted the forcast a few days before. 

Well around here it only rains or snows if you wash your car or say things like it's going to be a great day, not a cloud in the sky. Then 15 minutes later you get a downpour. New England just seems to give you the weather you don't want.

So No Snow for me!

starwarrior

Reply #14   Dec 20, 2010 9:03 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:
Carefull what you wish for. I live in the twincities MN and we've been dumped on  so much already this year I think I'm going to go out and buy a brand new blower just to get it to stop. Going back to around Thanksgiving when we got cement for snow, gobs of it . Then last week I blew 15-20" three times in the blizzard. Doing the neighbours too because the machines they had could not even begin to eat the monster snows. I will say that my Ariens 926dle threw the stuff like a champ and probably took a year off it's life.  Then the slush. I've been blowing snow for  40yrs+ and have never seen snow heavier . At one point I had what looked like just water coming out the chute. UN-believeable. My  drive did slip as usual a few times and pissed me off when it did but I guess itss omething I have to live with. OH AND GUESS WHAT MORE SNOW NOW 5-8' . Here we go again

O

Man I have been watching the news and you guys are getting pummeled this year.

Sooner or later the Jet stream is going to move on east and we may be in for some of the same.

Yep it's fun for the first couple of storms but the thrill wears out pretty quickly.

It has surely been cold enough here in NJ but the northerly flow of the jet stream has been taking the moisture well offshore.

I am eager to try out my 926Pro also, Time to do the snow dance.

Friction drives when they get wet slip, Nothing you can do about that. But it doesn't take to long for them to dry up and start working again.

The price you have to pay I guess for on the fly shifting.

Starwarrior

Steve_Cebu

Reply #15   Dec 21, 2010 8:56 am
Oh no, it has started snowing, only an inch predicted, so my Toro won't see any action. I doubt we will even get an inch. I hope we get no snow at all. That would be really bad.

FrankMA

Reply #16   Dec 21, 2010 9:12 am
Ended up with just about 4" of the white treasure overnight so..... I got out the HS928TA and did the driveway - nice!!!! Also broke out the HS520A to do the deck - nice!!!! I'll provide some feedback on my experience using both of these new to me toys in another thread. Looks like we're going to have a white Christmas after all!

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Steve_Cebu

Reply #17   Dec 21, 2010 2:55 pm
FrankMA wrote:
Ended up with just about 4" of the white treasure overnight so..... I got out the HS928TA and did the driveway - nice!!!! Also broke out the HS520A to do the deck - nice!!!! I'll provide some feedback on my experience using both of these new to me toys in another thread. Looks like we're going to have a white Christmas after all!

Wow I need to go and wax my Toro right now. We only got a dusting way up here in NH. Looking forward to some pics or vids of your new toys. I had the 928TAS and it's a fine machine.

aa335

Reply #18   Dec 21, 2010 3:29 pm
If it helps, you are welcome to come over and wax my new Toro too.  Rode it hard this morning and put away wet, needs some freshening up.
This message was modified Dec 21, 2010 by aa335
kellyinkc

Reply #19   Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm
Same here, new Toro blower and no snow! That will change by Christmas Eve is the forecast holds. I will post a review IF enough falls.
starwarrior

Reply #20   Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm
Oh great snow warrior, bestow on us your wrath. Let me redirect your drifting intrusions into my neighbors driveway. 

Oh great snow warrior, blanket us under a deep sea of white moisture so I can try out my new toy.

Starwarrior

Replies: 11 - 20 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42