Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda Snow blower Maintaince

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

Honda Snow blower Maintaince
Original Message   Nov 4, 2010 11:03 am
Anyone have a digital copy of a Honda Snowblower Service Book onhand that you can share.

They have the owners manual available for download, but it doesn't state much on servicing.
1st timer 2 stage owner here....
Replies: 13 - 22 of 38Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
chefwong

Re: Honda Snow blower Maintaince
Reply #13   Nov 5, 2010 7:27 am
Now that you guys mention it, my crecents wrenches dont' have any mm markings on them. Maybe I need to add these to my stash

Hobbys can get real you in trouble real quick. About 8-10 years ago, I was on this buying spree and ordered a boatload of Hazet wrenchs from overseas.
Between the costs of them, shipping and my HINDSIGHT on custom fees, I would have had a tonnage of USA made steel tools...
This message was modified Nov 5, 2010 by chefwong
aa335

Reply #14   Nov 5, 2010 9:50 am
chefwong wrote:
Now that you guys mention it, my crecents wrenches dont' have any mm markings on them. Maybe I need to add these to my stash

They usually don't come with markings, the tool operator has to be properly trained and calibrated monthly. 

But I got a wrench with markings I can sell you.
chefwong

Reply #15   Nov 6, 2010 2:27 pm
She's home....
Just got to wait till my buddy can swing on by to help me lift it out of the minivan.

That Hydrostatic drive.....makes those damm wheels almost unbearable to move without actually having the transmission ~engaged~.

Unless you guys can share some secret sauce on making these wheels turn easier for me...
FrankMA

Reply #16   Nov 6, 2010 3:22 pm
chefwong wrote:
She's home....
Just got to wait till my buddy can swing on by to help me lift it out of the minivan.

That Hydrostatic drive.....makes those damm wheels almost unbearable to move without actually having the transmission ~engaged~.

Unless you guys can share some secret sauce on making these wheels turn easier for me...

There's a lever below the pull rope winding that says "Transmission Release Lever". Slide it to the right and it engages the transmission, slide to the left and it releases the transmission. When you try to move it without the engine running, you need to slide it into the "Release" position and this will allow the tranny to freewheel and it will be much easier to move around.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
chefwong

Reply #17   Nov 6, 2010 4:13 pm
I think the tires may need some air.
I sucked it up, out my ramps on, and rolled it down. It just needed a extra heavy tug to get things moving.....

Scraper looks clean. I'm not sure whether it is indeed only 6 months bold but nevertheless, she checks out.

Making a checklist.
Unless I am blind, I do not see any zerks on the Auger.
How do I greast this part...
aa335

Reply #18   Nov 6, 2010 7:56 pm
There are no grease zerks.
chefwong

Reply #19   Nov 7, 2010 9:11 am
She's all sealed up....just drying out now.
Per another thread info, I'm just going to pull the end bolts out and send some Redline CV2 grease via a needle nose.
Underdog

Reply #20   Nov 9, 2010 11:26 pm
The auger shaft need to be looked after. Remove the metric bolt that attaches to the each end of the auger shaft on the outsides of the bucket. Where that bolt came out shoot in some grease with anti-seeze. Or better yet, slide the auger / impeller/ front gearbox out and pull the shear pins , then pull everything apart and grease it up.  You should be good for a few years after that.  Also be sure to lube up the adjusting bolts and cables under the control panel where the shifter is.  For some reason those adjusting bolt get more than their fair share of rust.  Most of the salt that causes problems for me come from clearing the end of the driveway. Its ussually the last place I spend time clearing a storm and that is a mistake. The salt residue and slush really are a nusance. The blower would be better served by clearing the EOD first and then running clean snow through the system for the rest of the time. That or hose things down, but in the winter I have no outside source of water.  Maybe navel jelly would be the trick?

Steve_Cebu

Reply #21   Nov 10, 2010 7:53 am
Underdog wrote:
The auger shaft need to be looked after. Remove the metric bolt that attaches to the each end of the auger shaft on the outsides of the bucket. Where that bolt came out shoot in some grease with anti-seeze. Or better yet, slide the auger / impeller/ front gearbox out and pull the shear pins , then pull everything apart and grease it up.  You should be good for a few years after that.  Also be sure to lube up the adjusting bolts and cables under the control panel where the shifter is.  For some reason those adjusting bolt get more than their fair share of rust.  Most of the salt that causes problems for me come from clearing the end of the driveway. Its ussually the last place I spend time clearing a storm and that is a mistake. The salt residue and slush really are a nusance. The blower would be better served by clearing the EOD first and then running clean snow through the system for the rest of the time. That or hose things down, but in the winter I have no outside source of water.  Maybe navel jelly would be the trick?

That's what I do, I blow straight up to the EOD and get it all done then I finish off the rest of the driveway so the salt gets out of the machine. That's what the dealer suggested I do and so far so good.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
chefwong

Reply #22   Nov 10, 2010 1:36 pm
I took a look last night. Looks like it should be a easy 30 minute fix to add some lube..
Pull the blower shear bolt, remove the side bolts and everything should slide right out....

I guess I'll tackle thin in between sealing all this @#($$# wood I have lying around
Replies: 13 - 22 of 38Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42