Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > husqvana snow blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jack

husqvana snow blowers
Original Message   Nov 28, 2009 2:17 pm
i don't see to many discussions for husky's. i have an 8527sbe and it's built pretty solid. i like the fact that it has metal rods instead of wires for the the operation of the machine. it has a b&s ohv engine. got it on a tax free day in mass 3 years ago. paid 800.00 bucks for it. how do husky's compare to the big names.
Replies: 6 - 15 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Yamama

Re: husqvana snow blowers
Reply #6   Dec 1, 2009 10:23 pm
You know, Borat, sometimes you love to just thow out these statements like it's some sort of confirmed forgone conclusion.

Simplicity  is not the ONLY machine out there worth it's money!  You might think so cause you own one and have had good success.  But don't try and mislead  everyone.   Your statement that Husky and Craftsman are made in the same plant implys they are the same quality. That's like saying Cadillac and Chevy are the same.  How do you know for a fact that Husky and Craftsman are made in the same plant?

borat

Reply #7   Dec 1, 2009 11:02 pm
Yomama said: "How do you know for a fact that Husky and Craftsman are made in the same plant?" Do some research. If you do, you might think twice before making inflammatory comments and challenging others without knowing any better yourself. I'm certain that there will be more participants here to confirm that Husqvarna and Craftsman machines come off the same line albeit with a different paint job.
borat

Re: husqvana snow blowers - Yomama more info for you
Reply #8   Dec 2, 2009 1:21 pm
Yo, Yomama: or is that YOYOMA? Here's a link that will give you some information regarding Husqvarna products built by AYP. The same outfit that manufactures Craftsman and many others.............. http://www.m-and-d.com/scan/MM=e85a40c54eb2de8fc034e4c54ba20a57:550:599:50.html?mv_more_ip=1&mv_nextpage=AYP%2dSears&pf=sql&id=9kFDj7Sq&mv_arg=
Yamama

Reply #9   Dec 2, 2009 2:18 pm
You're such a jerk Borat. To imply that  you know from ready   something, somewhere on the internet that the augers in a Husky are the same ones or   quality that are in a Craftsman, only a different color because AYP owns both is stupid. 

I like facts based on proof when making a decision on purchasing a product, not facts based on assumptions.

Calling me YOYOma just shows me you resent being challenged on anything you say.

Everyone else, my advise is that if you want to find out about how good or bad the Husquvarna     snowblowers are,  make it a point to actually go see   them, and take Borat's words of wisdom with a grain of salt.

Yamama

Reply #10   Dec 2, 2009 3:22 pm
I wrote  to Husqvarna and asked them to give me some facts on their blowers, and here is their response:

Discussion Thread
 Response (Richard Haynes)12/02/2009 03:01 PM

Husqvarna owns Craftsman and Poulan. However, the Husqvarna line of snow blowers have different features. The Husqvarna blowers have improved control levers and contact grips. The engine pulley has been strengthened to a split steel design and is reinforced welded 360 degree. Belt tension has been improved for longer belt life. Drive gears strengthened. Impeller pulley has been strengthened. Stronger impeller blades The shear bolt design has been improved. The impeller housing is thicker and reinforced

So for anyone out there looking at buying a snowblower, I hope you find this info more beneficial than Husky is a Craftsman in sheeps clothing.

friiy

Reply #11   Dec 2, 2009 6:23 pm
I don't think Craftsman is owned by Husky,  Craftsman has  contracted Husky to build a price point line of snow throwers.  Husky also owns Poulan ( wich is the parent name of  Weedeater brand)...    This  pretty much sums it up at Wikipedia.....

Poulan brand today...

The Poulan brand name is used primarily for outdoor power equipment, such as chainsaws, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers, aimed at the mid-level consumer market. Since Poulan is owned by Husqvarna, the two brands often share technologies. In recent years Poulan has offered a more upscale "Poulan Pro" brand employing a black and gold color scheme instead of Poulan's traditional green. As a result, Poulan products have been pushed even further downmarket.

Along with Poulan and Husqvarna brand products, Husqvarna also provides lawn mowers, tractors, and other yard equipment to Sears that are sold under Sears'  Craftsman house brand name. Most mid-level Craftsman products are slightly altered Poulan products.

-end

Now for husky info--- this is a list of stuff they own as the parent company and a list of Brand names they produce for other companys/stores (prviate label)

Brands Owned

[edit] Private Label Brands Produced

------ This is a list of what  wikipedia has for info right now,   give it a year and it will change...   Husky and all its subgroups that bought and manufacture things under contract can change in a flash...   ( all it takes is a better contract with someone new)..

One reason why things bought from sears will change in appearance from one year to the next and none of the old parts stock fit.....

Friiy

borat

Reply #12   Dec 3, 2009 4:15 pm
"So for anyone out there looking at buying a snowblower, I hope you find this info more beneficial than Husky is a Craftsman in sheeps clothing." I'm certain that if you look deeply into the comparison between Craftsman and Husky, you'll find that in Mr, Ma's list of differences, Husky in is likely comparing their best machines with Craftsman's bottom line products. If you look at Craftsman machines and Husky of the same or similar model/features, they're probably far more in similarity than they are different. Yoyo: You're drinking the Koolaid!
opecrazy

Reply #13   Dec 4, 2009 12:50 am
No Borat, you are drinking the Simplicity koolaid!

-----------------

I am not trying to say that Husky's are as good as other options but they definitely not bad either.  They  have some upgrades over cheap craftsman or MTD throwers.  At least in the U.S. market all the craftsman throwers are basically the same.  Same build platform only different sized engines and buckets.  All the craftsman stuff out there is pretty bad compared to anything else you can get.  The huskies might have some nice features but at their lower end I would rather go with an Ariens or a Sno-tek which is also made by Ariens.  One thing I definitely know is that Husky uses thinner metal than the other premium brands.  I know this since I have actually seen a husky in person.  Ariens did a very smart move with their Sno-tek line since they used a cheaper platform and engine but still provided "trickle down" technology from their orange units.

One other thing.... most of them have friction disk drive, until you get to the $1800 US price point for hydrostatic.  I haven't seen their tractor design so I don't know the quality of that.  In 2009 they are using Chinese engines after techumseh's absence.  Forgot the manufactuer for the engine.  Their cheapest 208cc 24 thrower is $900 here in connecticut.  For that price a $600 Sno-tek is a much better option.  Heck even the 24 deluxe at the promo price of $900 US market price would be better than the Husky.

---------------------------------

Personally I think that it all comes down to features and price.  Assuming you picked something in the premium category, which I include Husqvarana/Poulan in there too.  The point I am trying to make is that you can get more feature/performance for better price.  If Husky changes this, then they will be the better option.  As the price increases value can be found in other brands, depending on what you are looking for.  So one brand can have really good low priced models.  While another brand has more bang for the buck at the expensive side of the spectrum.

iLikeOrange

Reply #14   Dec 4, 2009 7:56 am
Nothing wrong with KoolAid if you're thirsty

O

This message was modified Dec 4, 2009 by iLikeOrange

Coldfingers

Reply #15   Dec 4, 2009 9:38 am
That is interesting frily, I have been looking at chainsaws and the older poulans were pretty good saws but now people that have them are saying the news models, even the pro line, aren't as good anymore. I know husquvarna makes good chainsaws so the poulans must be their lower speck models then also. Interesting.
Replies: 6 - 15 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42