Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Husqvarna 14527SB-LS

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Yamama

Husqvarna 14527SB-LS
Original Message   Nov 12, 2009 7:12 am
I spent the last couple of months looking at and reading up on blowers and comments from owners, and had a good idea what I didn't want, or what to stay away from. My 1st choice was going to be a Simplicity L1428E. Just so happens there is a Simplicity dealer in my small town (Cape Elizabeth, ME). Went there and come to find out they were only a service dept for them. However they did sell Honda and Husqvarna blowers.

It took me all of about 10 minutes to decide and purch the Husqvarna. It was delivered yesterday and I am really pleased at my decision. Nice heavy duty control arms, with solid engagement. Key features for me were the B&S Snow Max engine, heavy duty augers, all metal construction, heavy duty positive engagement controls and the power steering.

Most discussion boards will hash around the benefits of Toro, SImplicity, John Deere and Ariens. Hardly anywhere will there be talk of Husqvarna.

Although I can't judge the snow handling yet, do yourself a favor before you make the leap to any snowblower...go check out the Husqvarna's.

This message was modified Nov 19, 2009 by Yamama
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Yamama

Re: Husqvarna 14527SB-LS
Reply #3   Nov 18, 2009 6:46 am
You are correct in pointing out that the connection between the chute and housing is plastic. I also don't know why they did this, but I am not a mechanical engineer, so I'm not going to slam it as a poor design without knowing the facts. However, Borat, you referenced a article about who makes Husky dated in 2005. The facts as to who owns and manufactures what today is probably alot different than 2005, as well as the quality control.

Like other blowers, Husky makes different series of machines. Mine is the "Landowner" series. The dealer had a 27" blower in the "Homeowner" series right next to the one I purchased. Big difference. The "homeowner" series is definately not as robust and the augers are alot thinner. The "homeowner" series could very well be compared to something MTD puts out.

Look, all I am saying is that I think it is important for anyone who is thinking about a new blower to get out there and actually check out the machines, and not totally rely on what is hashed out on this and other forums. I don't know why there is not much chit chat on Husky machines, but I feel it is a good option for those who are in the market of $1300-$1600 blowers.
borat

Re: Husqvarna 14527SB-LS
Reply #4   Nov 18, 2009 10:51 am
Sorry. I don't agree. Husky would be a good buy if it were in the $1000.00 range. If I'm shelling out the kind of dough you're talking about, I'm going for a premium brand even if I have to ante up a couple hundred more.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42