Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Echo PB210E Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ccrabtree

Echo PB210E Blower
Original Message   Jun 24, 2009 11:27 pm
Help, I've had my Echo PB210E blower since ~1999/2000.  It has been tuned up once (cost me a fortune) and just recently it wouldn't start.  The gas was about 6 months old so I dumped it and put in some new gas.  It still wouldn't fire.  I pulled the plug and changed it, without any results.  I tried to ground the plug and pull the cord to turn the motor over to see if I could see any spark and I can't see any spark.  I've read some of the other posts about the spark not going out or being an issue.  It seems that mine is not getting a spark.  Any recommendations?
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
gogreen

Re: Echo PB210E Blower
Reply #6   Nov 7, 2009 2:24 am
friiy wrote:
Try giving it a sprinkle of mixed gas in the carb inlet then see if it fires when you pull it .. Try to isolate the problem to see if it's a fuel/carb or a ignition problem.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>Friiy<BR>

I follow the tips that you give and it's work like a charm!
echo backpack blower
This message was modified Nov 7, 2009 by gogreen
borat

Reply #7   Nov 7, 2009 10:34 am
Isn't there a primer bulb on the PB210? If so, did you prime the machine before starting?
friiy

Reply #8   Nov 7, 2009 11:37 am
Nope, No primer on a pb210 or pb210e... This unit has been made since early 80's with little change until 2003 when it was phased out...

Friiy
WoodyWW

Reply #9   Nov 7, 2009 4:22 pm
ccrabtree wrote:Help, I've had my Echo PB210E blower since ~1999/2000.  It has been tuned up once (cost me a fortune) and just recently it wouldn't start.  The gas was about 6 months old so I dumped it and put in some new gas. 

I bought the most expensive Echo Leafblower for @ $400 in the early-mid '90's. It gave me about 8-9 good years, then became almost impossible to start. (unfortunately, I wasn't that diligent about running out the fuel every season, then buying new fuel next season). Rather than paying a fortune to "tune it, or repair it"--I've been down that path before---I sold it for $40 on CL.

Bought a new PB-413 2 yrs. ago for $299. Like night & day. Seems like a bargain, really. Now I'm obsessive about fresh fuel, using fuel stabilizer, running out the fuel every season, etc......
This message was modified Nov 7, 2009 by WoodyWW
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42