Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Echo PB210E Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ccrabtree

Echo PB210E Blower
Original Message   Jun 24, 2009 11:27 pm
Help, I've had my Echo PB210E blower since ~1999/2000.  It has been tuned up once (cost me a fortune) and just recently it wouldn't start.  The gas was about 6 months old so I dumped it and put in some new gas.  It still wouldn't fire.  I pulled the plug and changed it, without any results.  I tried to ground the plug and pull the cord to turn the motor over to see if I could see any spark and I can't see any spark.  I've read some of the other posts about the spark not going out or being an issue.  It seems that mine is not getting a spark.  Any recommendations?
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
friiy

Re: Echo PB210E Blower
Reply #1   Jun 25, 2009 1:12 pm
Try giving it a sprinkle of mixed gas in the carb inlet then see if it fires when you pull it .. Try to isolate the problem to see if it's a fuel/carb or a ignition problem.

Good luck,

Friiy
This message was modified Jun 25, 2009 by friiy
tailwind

Reply #2   Jul 8, 2009 9:10 am
I have an old string trimmer with a Kioritz engine which I am told is the same engine Echo uses.  Every couple of years the thing won't start.  I rebuild the carburetor with a kit that replaces the diaphram which becomes warped and will not pump fuel.  Has your carb ever been rebuilt?  I think the carburetor is a Walbro and there is a model/code cast in the carb body which you will need to order the correct rebuild kit.  I hope this helps.  These gremlins can be aggrevating to diagnose sometimes.

Tailwind
mech12

Reply #3   Jul 11, 2009 3:29 pm
 most of echos products have an exicter coil along with an ignition coil.i dont have a service manual handy,  but ill keep snooping around.  there should be a way to ohm out the coil and exciter coil.
friiy

Reply #4   Jul 11, 2009 9:20 pm
Mosty these Pb-210e's have fuel problems,
1) There is a weighted fuel filter in the tank, Pull it out with a hooked peice of wire.. Look at the filter and line... Is the line full of cracks? If so replace the fuel line from carb to filter... Does the filter look like someone has sanded part of it off? Is the felt hard?.. If so replace the filter...

2) If you drip fuel down the carb and pull it over will it start and Die (About 8 drops)? If so, Replace the carb Diaphram kit and blow out the carb with cleaner... (you may need a carb repair kit with diaphrams and the metering needle...)

MOST Echo pb-210 and Pb-210e blowers have the WA series Walbro carb.. IF so the part numbers are

D10-WA&T Diaphram kit
friiy

Reply #5   Jul 11, 2009 9:25 pm
ooops....

and Walbro 125-527 for the fuel filter

K10-WA&T for the repair kit with the needle...

Good luck

Friiy

PS.. It is almost never the Coil (unless it was on fire , hit by lightning or made by WeedEater)
gogreen

Reply #6   Nov 7, 2009 2:24 am
friiy wrote:
Try giving it a sprinkle of mixed gas in the carb inlet then see if it fires when you pull it .. Try to isolate the problem to see if it's a fuel/carb or a ignition problem.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>Friiy<BR>

I follow the tips that you give and it's work like a charm!
echo backpack blower
This message was modified Nov 7, 2009 by gogreen
borat

Reply #7   Nov 7, 2009 10:34 am
Isn't there a primer bulb on the PB210? If so, did you prime the machine before starting?
friiy

Reply #8   Nov 7, 2009 11:37 am
Nope, No primer on a pb210 or pb210e... This unit has been made since early 80's with little change until 2003 when it was phased out...

Friiy
WoodyWW

Reply #9   Nov 7, 2009 4:22 pm
ccrabtree wrote:Help, I've had my Echo PB210E blower since ~1999/2000.  It has been tuned up once (cost me a fortune) and just recently it wouldn't start.  The gas was about 6 months old so I dumped it and put in some new gas. 

I bought the most expensive Echo Leafblower for @ $400 in the early-mid '90's. It gave me about 8-9 good years, then became almost impossible to start. (unfortunately, I wasn't that diligent about running out the fuel every season, then buying new fuel next season). Rather than paying a fortune to "tune it, or repair it"--I've been down that path before---I sold it for $40 on CL.

Bought a new PB-413 2 yrs. ago for $299. Like night & day. Seems like a bargain, really. Now I'm obsessive about fresh fuel, using fuel stabilizer, running out the fuel every season, etc......
This message was modified Nov 7, 2009 by WoodyWW
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42