Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
heyyip

Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Original Message   Apr 5, 2007 11:00 am
I bought this machine because I needed a rugged machine that would last me. I would rather purchase a "Tim Taylor" machine rather than fuss with an inferior one. This beast has 13hp, 36" wide, locking diff, heated hand grips, light, elec start, ect.... I have a 100 foot paved driveway. It has snowed 4 times since I purchased it, and it has broke down on me 3 times.  everything from a factory recall that i wasnt notified of, so it burned belts (4)!!, to nuts & bolts falling out, chute breaking, auger stops turning, wheels stop driving, etc.... The dealer has a special place for it in his shop that they dont fill when it is at my place. I believe this machine would last forever,  if i dont use it. The dealer stood behind me 100% when I told them enough is enough I wanted something done, money back, or a replacement. Now it has snowed today, 20", I have a bad back and have to shovel while the ariens company sits on my $3000.00. Anybody else have this problem?
Replies: 81 - 90 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
terrier

Re: Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Reply #81   Mar 16, 2009 5:35 pm
NHMatt:
My two year old Ariens 9526 DLE simply has not had ANY of the problems or issues you you are so keen to describe at length. I buy new snowblowers every few years because it pleases me to do so. The last three have been Ariens of various sizes and horsepower, kept on average three years. Essentially no problems with any of them. Obviously your experience has been different. I truly hated my Honda 928 for five years until I couldn't stand it any more. COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE PIECE OF CRAP, JUNK WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. Different people buy different snowblowers based on their perceived need. You obviously have a real, meaningful relationship with your Honda. Whatever turns you on. My Honda 928 didn't do all the remarkable things yours does. It was simply NOT a good machine, tool, whatever you want to call it. You seem to really enjoy, appreciate, like your Honda snowblower. That's good. If you're into machinery, it's good to own and use a machine that does the job for you. Like you, I totally don't care about the brand of snowblower that I own/use. Maybe next time I'll try a differnt brand, who knows?
borat

Reply #82   Mar 17, 2009 10:40 pm
terrier wrote:
NHMatt:
My two year old Ariens 9526 DLE simply has not had ANY of the problems or issues you you are so keen to describe at length. I buy new snowblowers every few years because it pleases me to do so. The last three have been Ariens of various sizes and horsepower, kept on average three years. Essentially no problems with any of them. Obviously your experience has been different. I truly hated my Honda 928 for five years until I couldn't stand it any more. COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE PIECE OF CRAP, JUNK WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. Different people buy different snowblowers based on their perceived need. You obviously have a real, meaningful relationship with your Honda. Whatever turns you on. My Honda 928 didn't do all the remarkable things yours does. It was simply NOT a good machine, tool, whatever you want to call it. You seem to really enjoy, appreciate, like your Honda snowblower. That's good. If you're into machinery, it's good to own and use a machine that does the job for you. Like you, I totally don't care about the brand of snowblower that I own/use. Maybe next time I'll try a differnt brand, who knows?

I'm a little perplexed with your comment about replacing your machine every three years because it pleases you to do so.   It's obviously apparent that economics plays no part in your decision making process.  Virtually any machine will last three years and perform more than adequately.  Replacing an Ariens every three years sounds like a bit of an expensive habit.  Not that I'm questioning your decision to do so.  It's your money.  I prefer to buy one hight quality machine, take care of it and run it for ten years or longer.  The thousand plus that I'm not spending on newer snow throwers in that duration buys me other things to enjoy.  I would wager  that 90% of the participant of this forum are long term owners and would rather have one good machine for many years rather than turning them over every three years.  It is an unusual concept.  I heard of it for leasing cars.  Never snow throwers though.   Glad it works for you.   
aa335

Reply #83   Mar 17, 2009 11:17 pm
terrier wrote:
NHMatt:

I'm actually surprised that the Honda 928 which was disliked so much was the one snowblower that was kept the longest (5 years versus 3 years average for the Ariens).  Maybe it's the tracks that doesn't work for you.  The Honda could have sold after 1 year and would not lose much money since they have good resale.  Why keep it around for so long?

On the other hand, a newer (and better?) Ariens was bought on average every 3 years.  Snowblowers don't change that much in the last 10 years, maybe a few more plastic components, more powerful engines, and few more creature comforts such as electric remote chutes and grip warmers.  I'm just trying to understand your logic, that's all.  But it's your money. 

This message was modified Mar 18, 2009 by aa335
aa335

Reply #84   Mar 17, 2009 11:34 pm
borat wrote:
I'll tell you what aa335, I know plenty of guys who switched to Tacomas.  Every one, to a man, said it was the best move they've made.  Considering the number of people employed in the N.A. vehicle manufacturing sector, you can rest assured that there will be representatives participating in the forums.  It is unlikely they would present a case for the competition.  If you have any concerns regarding vehicle quality, get yourself a copy of Consumer Reports Magazine and compare the repair records for whatever you're thinking of buying.  I'm certain that you're astute enough to do your research and analyze your results to make the best choice.  Let us know how it goes.    

From recently and limited exposure, either on forums or publications, the Tacoma is an excellent truck.  With a few exception to the "big 3" fans off-brand bashing without substantial evidence, I consider those are outliers data points, noted for completeness, but are statistically ignored.

At this point, I'm considering whether I really need a truck or a AWD SUV (read tall wagon) would suffice. 

This message was modified Mar 18, 2009 by aa335
nhmatt

Reply #85   Mar 18, 2009 7:38 pm
terrier wrote:
NHMatt:

You're just jealous.  Jealous of the love my Honda snowblower and I share.  What we have together is special.  You WISH you were so happy with yours, which is why you seem so keen on trading them in every 3 years for the newest floosy.  I bet another piece of equipment broke your heart and that's why you won't commit.  Was it a fickle weed wacker?  A jealous and tempermental leaf blower that tossed you down this jaded path?  I don't want to know.  So you buy one every three years because it pleases you?   Whatever turns YOU on buddy, but I'd say I'm like most people who'd rather give money to a dentist than spend money on something you already have.   Also, you have yet to explain why you didn't like the Honda.  Not one example, just a blanket statement "big piece of crap!" is supposed to persuade.  Didn't "work" for you?  You sure you read the instruction manual?

aa335

Reply #86   Mar 19, 2009 1:39 am
nhmatt wrote:
You're just jealous.  Jealous of the love my Honda snowblower and I share.  What we have together is special.  You WISH you were so happy with yours, which is why you seem so keen on trading them in every 3 years for the newest floosy.  I bet another piece of equipment broke your heart and that's why you won't commit.  Was it a fickle weed wacker?  A jealous and tempermental leaf blower that tossed you down this jaded path?  I don't want to know.  So you buy one every three years because it pleases you?   Whatever turns YOU on buddy, but I'd say I'm like most people who'd rather give money to a dentist than spend money on something you already have.   Also, you have yet to explain why you didn't like the Honda.  Not one example, just a blanket statement "big piece of crap!" is supposed to persuade.  Didn't "work" for you?  You sure you read the instruction manual?

nhmatt,

made me laugh for a moment.  The "fickle weed wacker" was the best.  I enjoy your posts, you tell it like it is without holding back. So the truth comes out that you have a love affair with your snowblower and keep it close to you at night.  :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrier,

With all due respect, I had my doubts from the beginning but it has become obvious that Terrier DOES NOT own or has ever operated a Honda HS928TAS.  Sorry Terrier, you can complain that the tracks are not for you or maybe it is too expensive to buy and repair, even if you don't own a snowblower of any brand. 

No one has complained about lack of traction, riding up on snow, or throwing distance.  In fact, these 3 things you complained are contradictory to what the Honda owners have voiced that it does very well.  The tracks have plenty of traction (too much at times), the buckets puts down more weight in front than any modern walk behind snowblower that I have come across, and the auger/impeller and chute design are highly efficient at throwing snow.  To sum it up, it digs like a gopher and spits it out like a geyser. 

If you REALLY had owned the Honda for 5 years and / or ACTUALLY had 15+ years of total Ariens snowblower experience as you had alluded to, I would reasonably expect that you would have more eloquent and substantial complaints in addition to the "biggest piece of crap." 

This message was modified Mar 19, 2009 by aa335
borat

Reply #87   Mar 19, 2009 2:21 pm
Cough (Ariens dealer) cough....

Maybe an infiltrator from the "Ariens Brothers - OPE on the Net" forum trying to get a rise.

This message was modified Mar 19, 2009 by borat
aa335

Reply #88   Mar 19, 2009 3:24 pm
borat wrote:
Cough (Ariens dealer) cough....

Maybe an infiltrator from the "Ariens Brothers - OPE on the Net" forum trying to get a rise.

I think there's a four-letter word for those net personality.
terrier

Reply #89   Mar 20, 2009 5:17 pm
NHMatt has a sense of humour. His last post was actually pretty good.

AA335 seems to unable to resist commenting on matters he knows nothing about. Send me $50 for my trouble and I'll email you a copy of the retail receipt for my Honda 928 whatever. It is pretty obvious that the only person on the continent who cares what you think about anything is Borat. Why do you assume your opinions make the slightest difference to anyone, anywhere? If you can't really afford a Honda, just buy something else, like a 12 year old MTD. Nobody will think any less of you than they already do.

Borat seems like a pleasant but silly older man. Lots of opinions but no real information to back them up, and totally unwilling or unable to do the necessary investigation to prove his theories. Just classics like, "I told my friend to buy a Tacoma and he thinks it's real good."

Borat and AA335, just let it go. Quit writing your ever so witty and nasty posts at night, in the dark, wearing your bunny pajamas with bunny ears and a trap door in the back you probably don't know how to open. You left wing guys are really annoying, sending all your money to Japan.
borat

Reply #90   Mar 20, 2009 6:52 pm
terrier wrote:
NHMatt has a sense of humour. His last post was actually pretty good.

AA335 seems to unable to resist commenting on matters he knows nothing about. Send me $50 for my trouble and I'll email you a copy of the retail receipt for my Honda 928 whatever. It is pretty obvious that the only person on the continent who cares what you think about anything is Borat. Why do you assume your opinions make the slightest difference to anyone, anywhere? If you can't really afford a Honda, just buy something else, like a 12 year old MTD. Nobody will think any less of you than they already do.

Borat seems like a pleasant but silly older man. Lots of opinions but no real information to back them up, and totally unwilling or unable to do the necessary investigation to prove his theories. Just classics like, "I told my friend to buy a Tacoma and he thinks it's real good."

Borat and AA335, just let it go. Quit writing your ever so witty and nasty posts at night, in the dark, wearing your bunny pajamas with bunny ears and a trap door in the back you probably don't know how to open. You left wing guys are really annoying, sending all your money to Japan.

Well, I must admit, that's probably the most infantile and immature response I've read on this forum. 

Be advised that your comments concerning Honda, Toyota and anything else Japanese will only be believed by the uninformed and ignorant.   Anyone who knows anything about Japanese OPE and/or vehicles will readily see that your posting here is a pathetic attempt to create doubt about Japanese products and Honda in particular.  News flash bud. ....  Too many old dogs on this forum to be fooled by a pup like you. 

Adiós.  

Replies: 81 - 90 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42