Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
heyyip

Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Original Message   Apr 5, 2007 11:00 am
I bought this machine because I needed a rugged machine that would last me. I would rather purchase a "Tim Taylor" machine rather than fuss with an inferior one. This beast has 13hp, 36" wide, locking diff, heated hand grips, light, elec start, ect.... I have a 100 foot paved driveway. It has snowed 4 times since I purchased it, and it has broke down on me 3 times.  everything from a factory recall that i wasnt notified of, so it burned belts (4)!!, to nuts & bolts falling out, chute breaking, auger stops turning, wheels stop driving, etc.... The dealer has a special place for it in his shop that they dont fill when it is at my place. I believe this machine would last forever,  if i dont use it. The dealer stood behind me 100% when I told them enough is enough I wanted something done, money back, or a replacement. Now it has snowed today, 20", I have a bad back and have to shovel while the ariens company sits on my $3000.00. Anybody else have this problem?
Replies: 61 - 70 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
terrier

Re: Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Reply #61   Mar 9, 2009 3:27 pm
Borat; I don't really see what your views on japanese vs domestic automobiles has to do with snowblowers, but whatever. You may have driven japanese cars since 1979 but you don't seem to be aware of the issues they have. Are you aware there is a recall for your year toyota pickup because the frames rust out and the bodies fall off on occasion. Happened to my brother in law. There was also a class action suit against toyota/lexus because their v6 engines were sludging up due to inadequate oil channels in the engine block. The engines would simply seize up and have to be replace at a cost of thousands. The issue with leaky transmissions on both lexus and toyota. The transmissions on 2004 and newer highlander transmissions that won't shift gears. The list goes on. Look up toyota problems on the internet. Lots of toyota/lexus problems listed on lots of sites. Incidentally, JDPower evaluates many other factors besides initial quality. Look it up. Many other sites will also verify that many domestic cars are the equal to, or in some cases better than their japanese competition. Look them up so I don't have to list them all for you. Like you, I have extensive mechanical experience. I don't want or have to rebuild my own engines anymore, but I probably still could if I had to.
You mention propaganda put out by the domestic manufacturers. I see a lot of crap from toyota that I would certainly classify as propaganda, no different from the domestics.
The new Malibu would seem to be the equal of any toyota, according to the numerous road tests I have read. You may not agree that the new Malibu is a good car but you are simply uninformed and would seem not to be privy to much new information regarding the changing automotive world. Some Korean cars are now excellent cars, Hyundai comes to mind.
The average male person thinks he knows everything there is to know about cars. tv's, stereos and appliances. Unfortunately, the ones I talk to daily in my business don't seem to know much about anything. Lots of opinions, but not much actual knowledge. I think that Honda cars are much superior to toyota cars but this is an emotional reaction.
REMEMBER, this whole dialogue started because I am of the opinion that MY particular Honda 928 snowblower was a piece of crap, and that for me the Ariens 9526DLE is plain and simple, a better machine. People who own snowblowers that are more expensive (ie Hondas) feel compelled to justify their choice. Everything I read on this forum is just personal experience and preference. All brands have produced examples that are great and ones that don't work as their new owners hoped. I realize now that you just need to be right and that nothing anyone says will change your somewhat exalted view of all things japanese. Do us both a favour and let this be the last exchange on this subject. I come to this forum to read about snowblowers and nothing else.
aa335

Reply #62   Mar 9, 2009 4:34 pm
This message was modified Mar 9, 2009 by aa335
Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #63   Mar 9, 2009 6:53 pm
What the heck is happening on this forum?? Several threads now drifting with anger. I will throw my 2 cents in. I was always a Chevy guy. Never had a major problem. Decided a few years back to try a Toyota Tacoma. Newest generation. Biggest piece of dung ever. Not just my truck either. All over the Toyota forums. My buddy has had Tacomas for years. Great trucks with the exception of the rot bucket years. Newest gen is garbage. My sister purchased a brand new Honda Accord in 2004. Starting to rust out. It is happening accross the board. Not just American. Cheap plastic vehicles with NO STYLE. But I love my Honda and Ariens snowblowers. Oh, I also love pudding
This message was modified Mar 9, 2009 by Knee_Biter

borat

Reply #64   Mar 9, 2009 7:10 pm
terrier wrote:
Borat; I don't really see what your views on japanese vs domestic automobiles has to do with snowblowers, but whatever. You may have driven japanese cars since 1979 but you don't seem to be aware of the issues they have. Are you aware there is a recall for your year toyota pickup because the frames rust out and the bodies fall off on occasion. Happened to my brother in law. There was also a class action suit against toyota/lexus because their v6 engines were sludging up due to inadequate oil channels in the engine block. The engines would simply seize up and have to be replace at a cost of thousands. The issue with leaky transmissions on both lexus and toyota. The transmissions on 2004 and newer highlander transmissions that won't shift gears. The list goes on. Look up toyota problems on the internet. Lots of toyota/lexus problems listed on lots of sites. Incidentally, JDPower evaluates many other factors besides initial quality. Look it up. Many other sites will also verify that many domestic cars are the equal to, or in some cases better than their japanese competition. Look them up so I don't have to list them all for you. Like you, I have extensive mechanical experience. I don't want or have to rebuild my own engines anymore, but I probably still could if I had to.
You mention propaganda put out by the domestic manufacturers. I see a lot of crap from toyota that I would certainly classify as propaganda, no different from the domestics.
The new Malibu would seem to be the equal of any toyota, according to the numerous road tests I have read. You may not agree that the new Malibu is a good car but you are simply uninformed and would seem not to be privy to much new information regarding the changing automotive world. Some Korean cars are now excellent cars, Hyundai comes to mind.
The average male person thinks he knows everything there is to know about cars. tv's, stereos and appliances. Unfortunately, the ones I talk to daily in my business don't seem to know much about anything. Lots of opinions, but not much actual knowledge. I think that Honda cars are much superior to toyota cars but this is an emotional reaction.
REMEMBER, this whole dialogue started because I am of the opinion that MY particular Honda 928 snowblower was a piece of crap, and that for me the Ariens 9526DLE is plain and simple, a better machine. People who own snowblowers that are more expensive (ie Hondas) feel compelled to justify their choice. Everything I read on this forum is just personal experience and preference. All brands have produced examples that are great and ones that don't work as their new owners hoped. I realize now that you just need to be right and that nothing anyone says will change your somewhat exalted view of all things japanese. Do us both a favour and let this be the last exchange on this subject. I come to this forum to read about snowblowers and nothing else.

And the reason the N.A. auto sector is facing extinction is????? 

I don't think it's because they can't build enough vehicles.  Could it possibly be that no one wants to buy them? 

I think we've been in denial long enough.  Time to take the blinders off...

This message was modified Mar 9, 2009 by borat
iLikeOrange

Reply #65   Mar 9, 2009 7:26 pm
I do like my mother in laws pecan pie.

aa335

Reply #66   Mar 9, 2009 10:18 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:
I do like my mother in laws pecan pie.

Pecan pie, rum, and vanilla ice cream.  Yummm. 

My mother-in-law can't cook anything well.  I had to eat the same thing everytime I come to visit.   I eat it with a big smile and compliment.  She keeps putting more food on my plate. 

I know, should have kept my mouth shut. 

aa335

Reply #67   Mar 9, 2009 10:34 pm
Knee_Biter wrote:
What the heck is happening on this forum?? Several threads now drifting with anger. I will throw my 2 cents in. I was always a Chevy guy. Never had a major problem. Decided a few years back to try a Toyota Tacoma. Newest generation. Biggest piece of dung ever. Not just my truck either. All over the Toyota forums. My buddy has had Tacomas for years. Great trucks with the exception of the rot bucket years. Newest gen is garbage. My sister purchased a brand new Honda Accord in 2004. Starting to rust out. It is happening accross the board. Not just American. Cheap plastic vehicles with NO STYLE. But I love my Honda and Ariens snowblowers. Oh, I also love pudding

Happy thoughts.  Happy thoughts.

I was thinking about getting a Tacoma or the new Jeep Rubicon.  I thought those Tacomas were bullet proof, so to speak.  I don't keep them around long for rust to matter.   I put so much miles on them that rust doesn't have a chance to stick.

borat

Reply #68   Mar 10, 2009 9:24 am
aa335 wrote:
Happy thoughts.  Happy thoughts.

I was thinking about getting a Tacoma or the new Jeep Rubicon.  I thought those Tacomas were bullet proof, so to speak.  I don't keep them around long for rust to matter.   I put so much miles on them that rust doesn't have a chance to stick.

I'll tell you what aa335, I know plenty of guys who switched to Tacomas.  Every one, to a man, said it was the best move they've made.  Considering the number of people employed in the N.A. vehicle manufacturing sector, you can rest assured that there will be representatives participating in the forums.  It is unlikely they would present a case for the competition.  If you have any concerns regarding vehicle quality, get yourself a copy of Consumer Reports Magazine and compare the repair records for whatever you're thinking of buying.  I'm certain that you're astute enough to do your research and analyze your results to make the best choice.  Let us know how it goes.    

iLikeOrange

Reply #69   Mar 10, 2009 10:54 am
I've been driving a 1989 Ford F150 for 20 years now. Is this a good truck?

Bill_H

Reply #70   Mar 10, 2009 1:06 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:
I've been driving a 1989 Ford F150 for 20 years now. Is this a good truck?

I can't say ... I had to replace the battery on my 95 F-150 when it was only 12 years old :( 

Rumors are that the new ones aren't as good but we won't really know for another 10 years. I think they discontinued the 5L (302) which is a shame cause they run forever.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 61 - 70 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42