Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130 SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

John Deere 1130 SE
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 1:07 pm
I did a search and found a few references to this machine but no answers.  Any one have one of these?  15.5 snow max engine, heated hand grips, 30" wide.  I can't find a listing for auger diameter or impeller diameter.  I called John Deere and the guy that was suppose to be the snow thrower expert didn't know either. 

What is the Easy Steer drive system?  The literature says: 

• Easy Steer® drive system giving continuous power to both wheels and auto speed adjustment
  • Is it similar to the Ariens auto differential? 

I've heard that the units are built by B&S which translates to Simplicity.  They do have cast iron gear cases like the Simplicity.  The chute control is different than the simplicity and so is the turning method so they are not exactly the same.  I'm trying to compare the Simplicity L1530E to the JD 1130SE.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Replies: 36 - 45 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    redsox

Re: John Deere 1130 SE
    Reply #36   Jan 18, 2009 5:37 pm
    e suggested snow Hello,

Thanks for all the good suggestions I have same problem as everyone, did the adjustments, wiped of the friction disk and wheel all to no avail. But I hope you guys get lucky like I did this is what worked for me. I looked at the spaces from the belt cover both front and back and like many have suggested  water and snow was getting in. I used metal duct tape that is like a thick tin foil with a sticky side. Took my time and really sealed the area good on both sides. Today 8 inches snow no poblems, and when I was done lots of snow on the tape that would have gone in. It worked for me Not the best look but until a better fix is in place I will go with it.

Don

hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #37   Jan 18, 2009 6:08 pm
    Hi guys
    I don't have this problem but can only envision the gap you guys speak about but, don't really know how big or small.

Check out this site http://www.mcmaster.com

Take a look at pages 3408,3409,3410. You can also look at 3468 which should give you a good idea of functionality from a material perspective.I use this stuff from time to time depending on the situation and can only say I had great success.

Allan
    This message was modified Jan 18, 2009 by hirschallan

pvrp

Reply #38   Jan 18, 2009 9:51 pm
    magoomba wrote:
    I'm having the same problem with my drive.

I'm going to retract my suggestion that the 1130 SE be Snowblower of the Year.

Which leaves the Ariens 9526 DLET...

Paul
    borat

Reply #39   Jan 18, 2009 9:57 pm
    pvrp wrote:
    I'm going to retract my suggestion that the 1130 SE be Snowblower of the Year.

Which leaves the Ariens 9526 DLET...

Paul

You're joking right? 
    pvrp

Reply #40   Jan 18, 2009 10:00 pm
    borat wrote:
    You're joking right? 

I believe the 9526 DLET is the only machine that hasn't gotten any bad reviews.

And then there are the Hondas...

Paul
    Jackanybear

Reply #41   Jan 18, 2009 10:44 pm
    Just returned my John Deere 1130 SE to Lowes today.  Boy did they fight me on the return, and refunding my money.  I guess, after spending $ 2000 dollars on a power tool, and returning it in a few days, they don't like taking the loss.  Mine would slip in forward and reverse, only after an hour or so.  Then it would dry out in a heated garage, and work " gangbusters" again, and then it would start slipping again.  After returning it, a repairman at Lowes said he worked on the belt tension, and wanted me to come and buy it back from them again.  He said he adjusted cables, and dried everything off, and now it was working, but he didn't try it in snow.  When I spend this kind of money, I shouldn't have to get everthing adjusted every couple of hours of use.  Plus I spent  $250 dollars on a 2 year extended warrenty.   I went
    down the road to a Husqvarna dealer, spent less money for the same 1130 SB machine, was given a 3 year factory warrenty, given 2 free tune ups, and for $ 50 dollars was given another 2 year extended warrenty, (Thats a 5 year warrenty).  I have been working this thing to death, in hard packed snow, "NO PROBLEMS", No Adjustments, No Slippage.  The idea of the customer fixing the problem, with aluminum tape, to stop the leaking, is absurd, and asinine.   HEY JOHN DEERE, here is a solution, FIX THE PROBLEM       Obviously not happy, with the way I was treated, after being a longtime customer at LOWES
    Santaclause

Reply #42   Jan 18, 2009 11:17 pm
    I also have noticed the problem with machine I am really regretting making this purchase but was under the gun my old toro didnt want to run and I said to heck with it and went to get a new blower went to lowes tojust look at the deere and seen the price was amazed was 1499.00 but 10% off sale plus sign up for lowes card get another 10 off so saved 260.00 knew I wasnt going to beat the deere dealer down that much or any other dealer in the middle of January so I bought it ,got it home light didnt work so I looked around found that was unplugged so no big deal then used it heated grips didnt work so found broken wire so I fixed that now the drive thing am begining to think I should have gone and bought the cub cadet i already paid the lowes card,I love the way the briggs run nice and quiet and the thing blows snow well but the drive thing pisses me off really i didnt think much of the wires I saved so much I said what the hell just fix it and shut up but now.Not what I expected out of a Simplicity built machine thats for shure...
    mondoe

Reply #43   Jan 19, 2009 12:12 am
    Just bought my JD 1130 se today from lowes, here in n/e ohio its a hit or miss for snow fall here and lately its been a hit! After digging my car out that barely made it into the driveway last night I was off to home depot to check out some possible snow blowers. Arrived at the depot to find a cheesy little 2 stage unit for 999.00 and 3or so single stage units way overpriced. At this point was becoming content with the shovel situation, oh and by the way they had 2 stacker shelves loaded with all the lawn mowers one could imagine, MID January!?! Well after my subway sandwich decided to check out lowes not so far down the road. The very 1st thing I saw as I entered the store was a line of JD snow blowers ready to do some damage. Decided on the JD 1130 SE with the 20% off and an extra 10% if you get the lowes credit card for a total of 30% off 1499 my unit cost 1074 before tax fully assembled and out the door.

Now lets put my impulse purchase to the test. Got home and unloaded unit, adjusted guides, filled tank, figured out that the pin had to be installed to start and whalla! she fired up.had a good 8 to 10 Inches in driveway with some drifts over 2 feet. This thing ate up everything I could throw at it not a single hiccup, did occasionally rev lower under load as expected, also did several neigbours driveways and the unit worked flawlessly. Still getting used to it since ive never operated a snowblower before, been long overdue!

Is it just me or am I an old person now, the shovel was a nice work out but any more theres just not enough time in the day.. whats next ED??
    Santaclause

Reply #44   Jan 19, 2009 12:18 am
    no drive issues?reverse ocasionally not work or whatever?
    mml4

Snow is good,
    Deep snow is better!

Reply #45   Jan 19, 2009 5:47 am
    Sounds to me like JD is having the same kind of set up issues at Lowes that Ariens is having at Home Depot. With Snow Blowers it's all about the set up. If you can read and execute simple instructions it is a BIG advantage to take the machine home in the box and do the set up yourself. It's no more difficult than putting together most childrens toys.

Unfortunately set up at a big box store sometimes = molestation,

Marc

This message was modified Jan 19, 2009 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
    Replies: 36 - 45 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42