Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity repair or adjustment help please

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Cannuck

Simplicity repair or adjustment help please
Original Message   Jan 11, 2009 11:04 pm
Hello everyone.

Am new to the forum, being an recent owner of a Simplicity 1428E as my first ever snowblower. I am in the need of suggestions from the knowledgeable people on this site. During transporting my snowblower from another house on a trailer the cable for the "easy turn" trigger hase ceased to function and the cable is loose. I am assuming that the cable has become unattached. Is this something that a person who is not mechanically gifted can fix or should I call the dealer? I did some preventative maintenence upon delivery but have not adjusted the belts yet so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: Simplicity repair or adjustment help please
Reply #1   Jan 12, 2009 11:20 am
It's a simple mechanism.  Pull off the bottom plate (4 screws) and follow the cable.  If the cable isn't broken, chances are it was pulled off while handling for transit.   The mechanism is spring loaded so that when the Easy Turn lever is released, it will automatically engage the mechanism.  You may have to pull the left side of the engagement mechanism to the left to re-attach the cable. 
mfduffy

Re: Simplicity repair or adjustment help please
Reply #2   Jan 13, 2009 9:41 am
Also, there is an adjustment spot halfway up the cable, should you need to tighten it.  (While you're there, if you open up the adjustment nut completely, you can squirt some WD-40 directly into the cable sleeve to keep water out -- might be a good idea.)
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42