Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Look at the Yamaha Snowblower in Japan.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Look at the Yamaha Snowblower in Japan.
Original Message   Nov 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Hi all;

After hearing that the Yamaha were great machines, I was doing a little reading and looking at the machines they still make in japan. Wow, these machines look like tanks. With all the details being written in japanese I have no idea what its capable of, but from the images it sure looks hardcore. I have linked to some of the images for what looks to be their top model. You can see more here http://www.yamaha-motor.jp/snowthrower/lineup/index.html

Its nice that they even included a over on top of the engine so that I can cook supper while I am blowing snow.. lol.. Just joking, not sure what this is on top of the engine. Certainly a cool rig to look at.

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Look at the Yamaha Snowblower in Japan.
Reply #3   Jan 2, 2009 5:10 pm
I'd buy two now, before the US dollar exchange rate goes down any further. 

One to use and one for spare parts. 

Does the female model/operator in orange jacket comes with the purchase?

I find it amusing that these Japanese snowblower commercials always show a female operator who's so

happy to be walking behind one of these machines.  Aren't these machines targeted toward a different audience?

This message was modified Jan 2, 2009 by aa335
borat

Reply #4   Jan 2, 2009 5:26 pm
How do they say in Newfoundland?

Noice, reel noice.....

aa335

Reply #5   Jan 2, 2009 5:31 pm
borat wrote:
How do they say in Newfoundland?

Noice, reel noice.....

Which one?
Jake08

Reply #6   Jan 2, 2009 6:23 pm
Borat, looks like you are not the only one to line your metal chute
This message was modified Jan 2, 2009 by Jake08
borat

Reply #7   Jan 3, 2009 12:37 pm
Sombiches stole my idea....
This message was modified Jan 3, 2009 by borat
pgill

Reply #8   Jan 3, 2009 4:27 pm
borat wrote:
Sombiches stole my idea....

Sounds like a great idea. No stiking or corrosion issues.  How did you do it?  Any recommendation for doing it on a simplicity signature pro?
borat

Reply #9   Jan 3, 2009 4:49 pm
This is my second season using the lined chute.  Put it on the machine when it was brand new.

I used a Krazy Karpet that I bought at Chinadian Tire for $7.00.  I cut, shaped and formed it to fit inside the chute.  Takes a bit of imagination and a lot of elbow grease.

A piece off 2x4  - 24" long,  some clamps and a torch to warm the material will help to form it  and  make installation easier.  Mostly trial and error.  Trim, fit & trim some more until you get it right. 

The deflector has a layer of Krazy Karpet then a thin piece of stainless steel riveted to the inside.  Everything is holding up very well.

Here's a pic:

borat

Reply #10   Jan 3, 2009 4:58 pm
For $11,854.00 I'd be buying a John Deere diesel tractor and put a couple more grand into it for a snow thrower attachment. 

It's nice but it ain't that nice. 

aa335

Reply #11   Jan 3, 2009 9:38 pm
Can anybody resize this thread so it isn't so wide?  I had to scroll over to the next zip code just to find the "Reply" button.

While these are great and impressive machines, I wonder why something this big don't have a seat and a steering wheel? 

aa335

Reply #12   Jan 3, 2009 9:42 pm
borat wrote:
This is my second season using the lined chute.  Put it on the machine when it was brand new.

I used a Krazy Karpet that I bought at Chinadian Tire for $7.00.  I cut, shaped and formed it to fit inside the chute.  Takes a bit of imagination and a lot of elbow grease.

A piece off 2x4  - 24" long,  some clamps and a torch to warm the material will help to form it  and  make installation easier.  Mostly trial and error.  Trim, fit & trim some more until you get it right. 

The deflector has a layer of Krazy Karpet then a thin piece of stainless steel riveted to the inside.  Everything is holding up very well.

Can Teflon (the stuff on non-stick frying pans) be painted on the inside of the chute? 

Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42