Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sno thro engine replacement-which one?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slickclay

Sno thro engine replacement-which one?
Original Message   Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm
Hi. My 6hp tec seized up  (on my Ariens old snothro)and I will swap it with new Intek. I have both an auger unit and mower deck for this and I need to confirm (question 1) that I should get an air-filtered engine. I can get a great price on a 7.5hp Snow Intek OHV, 12C314-0207 snowblower engine but I mow with it in the summer, so it demands an air filter. Does anyone know of  how to retrofit an airfilter onto a snowblower engine? Otherwise, I can only afford a 6.5 hp intek and while the 6hp tecumseh worked well, I would have like to go close to 8 hp. Anythoughts on the 6.5hp Intek IC PRO, 123435-0168 ?  It is a air filtered, tiller rated engine. Thank you all who contribute. Sincerely, Rick
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42