Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sno thro engine replacement-which one?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slickclay

Sno thro engine replacement-which one?
Original Message   Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm
Hi. My 6hp tec seized up  (on my Ariens old snothro)and I will swap it with new Intek. I have both an auger unit and mower deck for this and I need to confirm (question 1) that I should get an air-filtered engine. I can get a great price on a 7.5hp Snow Intek OHV, 12C314-0207 snowblower engine but I mow with it in the summer, so it demands an air filter. Does anyone know of  how to retrofit an airfilter onto a snowblower engine? Otherwise, I can only afford a 6.5 hp intek and while the 6hp tecumseh worked well, I would have like to go close to 8 hp. Anythoughts on the 6.5hp Intek IC PRO, 123435-0168 ?  It is a air filtered, tiller rated engine. Thank you all who contribute. Sincerely, Rick
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
slickclay

Re: Sno thro engine replacement-which one?
Reply #11   Jan 11, 2008 10:08 am
Professorpi; I have been looking at some very low priced engines on Ebay and elsewhere but I don't trust them because I don't have trust in Chinese made knockoffs and their uses are for anything from a go cart to utility. I have learned for the web that I want torque and hp in the low rpm range, unlike a go cart engine that would want speed. I  am satisfied using  the mower deck for light brush cutting, knotweed and high grass cutting.

Borat; I found a site http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/shop/html/tecumseh_snow_engines_feature-specs.htm stating the tec has a cast iron bore.

mm14; I almost made that mistake but I am reading alot of webpostings and learned that ahead of time. Thanks

Nibbler; I wondered if the shroud was removable. I am going to make some calls and get more info

I am find great pricing to MTD shaft engines but I can't find a pulley to go on it. I also wonder if I need to change the pulley size ratio if I go to a larger engine than the 6hp that died.

Thanks

Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42