Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How's your fuel consumption with the B&S snow engine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

How's your fuel consumption with the B&S snow engine
Original Message   Dec 23, 2007 10:07 pm
Just got back in from doing my driveway again.  My neighbour was out doing his driveway using a  two year old 10 h.p. Yardworks (MTD).  The Simplicity was throwing snow a good twenty feet high and 30 to 40 feet distant.   At least twice the height and distance he was throwing.   He stopped his machine and came over to see what I was using.  He'd never heard of Simplicity either.  So he asked the usual questions.  How much? Where to buy it etc.   "Yeah"... He says.  "I think I'll give this (old) Yardworks to my daughter.  She just moved into a house and needs a snow thrower now.    Think I'll take a look at one of those. "  

One thing I have noticed with the so called 9.5 h.p. B&S, it seems to like fuel.  I've run out of gas twice using this machine since I've owned it.   That's about as much as I did in twelve years with the old Tecumseh.  That tells me a couple of things.  Either I'm enjoying it so much and working longer or, the 9.5 might just be an 11 h.p. in disguise and burning fuel accordingly.   I'm going to have to start timing fuel consumption.  Has anyone else out there run out of fuel unexpectedly using these engines?

Replies: 9 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Snownut

Re: How's your fuel consumption with the B&S snow engine
Reply #9   Dec 31, 2007 1:28 pm
I have a Briggs 8.5 hp Powerbilt OHV snow engine, and its better on fuel than my neighbor's 5.5 hp Tecumseh L-head.
Replies: 9 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42