Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1st run with the Ariens 924DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
coyote32us

1st run with the Ariens 924DLE
Original Message   Dec 22, 2007 11:00 pm
Santa must be getting his sleigh ready up there at the north pole.  I woke up a few days ago and found all that white stuff had landed on my driveway. Quite a few inches deep too.  So I took the oppurtunity to let the new 9.25 orange horse out of her stable (the garage).  Boy I was impressed.  I first let her stand out there and adjust to the outside temp before I let instinct kick in.   Gave her one pull and like angels from heaven that engine was singing as pretty as any choir.  In low gear I eased the beast into the snow and feed on mother natures snowflake buffet.  What a joy!!!   What power too.  Love that 200 degree chute rotation.  Just have to watch out for the neighbors so I don"t blow that snow on their driveway.  I guess thats where the deflector comes into play for being neighborly.    Its just that that snow looks so pretty flying high and far.  Anyways I love the machine.  Any reccomendations on oil?     Have a great Christmas or Festivus do not want to offend anyone and Fabulous New Year. 
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: 1st run with the Ariens 924DLE
Reply #1   Dec 22, 2007 11:23 pm
You'll get a million opinions on oil.  After break in I run synthetic.  The most important aspect of oil maintenance is to make sure you change it every season or as per your manual's instructions.  Keep things adjusted, lubed and fasteners tight.  Your machine will last you a good long time.  Enjoy.  
nibbler

Re: 1st run with the Ariens 924DLE
Reply #2   Dec 23, 2007 9:54 am
I do the exact opposite for selecting the speed I pick the fastest speed I think is reasonable, if I don't get snowplowing ( snow building up in front of the blower) then I up the speed till I do and then back off one notch. I also listen to hear the engine starting to roar, that means its under enough load for the governor to kick in and open the throttle all the way. This gives me the maximum intake of snow that the impeller can handle, the fastest ground speed and maximum output of the engine. If I start to bog down I will kick it down a notch but most of the time I'm limited by either the impeller capacity or top gear isn't  fast enough.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42