Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
heyyip

Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Original Message   Apr 5, 2007 11:00 am
I bought this machine because I needed a rugged machine that would last me. I would rather purchase a "Tim Taylor" machine rather than fuss with an inferior one. This beast has 13hp, 36" wide, locking diff, heated hand grips, light, elec start, ect.... I have a 100 foot paved driveway. It has snowed 4 times since I purchased it, and it has broke down on me 3 times.  everything from a factory recall that i wasnt notified of, so it burned belts (4)!!, to nuts & bolts falling out, chute breaking, auger stops turning, wheels stop driving, etc.... The dealer has a special place for it in his shop that they dont fill when it is at my place. I believe this machine would last forever,  if i dont use it. The dealer stood behind me 100% when I told them enough is enough I wanted something done, money back, or a replacement. Now it has snowed today, 20", I have a bad back and have to shovel while the ariens company sits on my $3000.00. Anybody else have this problem?
Replies: 69 - 78 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
iLikeOrange

Re: Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Reply #69   Mar 10, 2009 10:54 am
I've been driving a 1989 Ford F150 for 20 years now. Is this a good truck?

Bill_H

Reply #70   Mar 10, 2009 1:06 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:

I can't say ... I had to replace the battery on my 95 F-150 when it was only 12 years old :( 

Rumors are that the new ones aren't as good but we won't really know for another 10 years. I think they discontinued the 5L (302) which is a shame cause they run forever.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
aa335

Reply #71   Mar 10, 2009 1:10 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:

I don't own a truck.  I dont know you, but I know you your subtraction is right on target.  :)  . 

It may be good, may be bad.  What's your standards and expectations?

Drive it another 20 years and let us know what you think of it.  Some of us might be interested to know if it makes a good lawn ornament.

This message was modified Mar 10, 2009 by aa335
aa335

Reply #72   Mar 10, 2009 1:15 pm
Bill_H wrote:
I can't say ... I had to replace the battery on my 95 F-150 when it was only 12 years old :( 

Rumors are that the new ones aren't as good but we won't really know for another 10 years. I think they discontinued the 5L (302) which is a shame cause they run forever.

I don't care if that truck is a Ford, Chevy, or whatever.  What's the name  brand of that battery?  :)
borat

Reply #73   Mar 10, 2009 3:15 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:

Well that all depends.  If that truck hasn't cost you a lot in repairs, it may very well be a good truck.   Either that or it hasn't been driven very much.

However, being a previous owner of a very similar truck (86' F150), I know from my experience and experiences of others who owned similar vehicles,  that repairs were frequent and expensive.  Let me ask, if you have the 302 c.i. engine, how many times have you had the intake manifold replaced?   I had mine replaced three times in less than five years.  Anyone who claims to have owned a mid '80s F150 and didn't have problems with their 302 engines was a very, very rare owner.  That '86 F150 cost me at the very least, $500.00/yr, every year from day one (right after expiry of the warranty).  How many water pumps have you replaced,?   How about fuel injectors, any of them?   How did your emergency brake hold up?  What about your ball joints?  Any issues there?   It only 50,000 miles on it when I dumped it.   You're reading that right.  Fifty thousand miles!!      That Ford was the last North American vehicle I owned and will ever own.  My  '96 T100 has provided me with twelve years of uninterrupted Toyota bliss.  That, my friend,  is a hard habit to drop.    Not to mention the thirty years total of excellent Toyota reliability my wife has enjoyed.   

Proponents of N.A. vehicles keep telling me that the quality has improved considerable in the last ten years.  Sorry.  Not buying it.   

This message was modified Mar 10, 2009 by borat
iLikeOrange

Reply #74   Mar 10, 2009 3:56 pm
borat wrote:
Well that all depends.  If that truck hasn't cost you a lot in repairs, it may very well be a good truck.   Either that or it hasn't been driven very much.

However, being a previous owner of a very similar truck (86' F150), I know from my experience and experiences of others who owned similar vehicles,  that repairs were frequent and expensive.  Let me ask, if you have the 302 c.i. engine, how many times have you had the intake manifold replaced?   I had mine replaced three times in less than five years.  Anyone who claims to have owned a mid '80s F150 and didn't have problems with their 302 engines was a very, very rare owner.  That '86 F150 cost me at the very least, $500.00/yr, every year from day one (right after expiry of the warranty).  How many water pumps have you replaced,?   How about fuel injectors, any of them?   How did your emergency brake hold up?  What about your ball joints?  Any issues there?   It only 50,000 miles on it when I dumped it.   You're reading that right.  Fifty thousand miles!!      That Ford was the last North American vehicle I owned and will ever own.  My  '96 T100 has provided me with twelve years of uninterrupted Toyota bliss.  That, my friend,  is a hard habit to drop.    Not to mention the thirty years total of excellent Toyota reliability my wife has enjoyed.   

Proponents of N.A. vehicles keep telling me that the quality has improved considerable in the last ten years.  Sorry.  Not buying it.   

4.9L engine. 4WD  165K miles. driven like an ol man or lady I guess. Well cared for (obsesssive waxing)

>>How many water pumps have you replaced,?    One.

>>How about fuel injectors, any of them?    None.

>>How did your emergency brake hold up?  Crapped up due to non-use.

>>What about your ball joints?  One, maybe two.

Amzoil oil changed once a year since day one. To this day does not burn oil. Not a drop.

Yeah there were some issues along the way, but I think I got my $11,800's worth.

I was trolling a bit with my non-response replies as of late. This forum has gotten a bit off focus. Fun to read I guess if you like the tabloid newspapers.

borat

Reply #75   Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm
You've been very fortunate. 

I forgot to mention I replaced two rear main bearing seals as well and it was leaking again when I dumped it. 

Quite possibly the worst vehicle I've ever owned.  I do not miss that  p.o.s.  one bit.   The only things good that I have to say about it was that it did have a nice ride and wasn't too bad on fuel.  

terrier

Reply #76   Mar 10, 2009 5:28 pm
You would seem to imply that I may be some type of representative for one of the domestic car manufacturers. I'm not. I do however own several businesses that have no relation at all to automobiles. I notice that you were totally unable to respond logically to my comments regarding toyota recalls and rusted out 1995 to 2000 pickups. You don't seem to be interested in verifying any of your prejudices or in discovering that the body of your pickup may fall off the frame. Numerous instances of this happening. Toyota admits these trucks are so dangerous that toyota will buy them back if necessary. In toyota's favour, this is an extremely responsible course of action for them to take. You might try selling your potentially dangerous pickup back to toyota.
My Ariens 9526DLE is still working flawlessly, during it's second season. I did have an issue with the machine spitting snow forward on occasion. Phoned the dealer, I was supplied with a baffle that simply bolted on in about a minute. There was no charge from either the dealer or Ariens for this. Dealer got baffle to me in about 3 days. Excellent company, excellent dealer.
borat

Reply #77   Mar 10, 2009 6:47 pm
terrier wrote:
You would seem to imply that I may be some type of representative for one of the domestic car manufacturers. I'm not. I do however own several businesses that have no relation at all to automobiles. I notice that you were totally unable to respond logically to my comments regarding toyota recalls and rusted out 1995 to 2000 pickups. You don't seem to be interested in verifying any of your prejudices or in discovering that the body of your pickup may fall off the frame. Numerous instances of this happening. Toyota admits these trucks are so dangerous that toyota will buy them back if necessary. In toyota's favour, this is an extremely responsible course of action for them to take. You might try selling your potentially dangerous pickup back to toyota.
My Ariens 9526DLE is still working flawlessly, during it's second season. I did have an issue with the machine spitting snow forward on occasion. Phoned the dealer, I was supplied with a baffle that simply bolted on in about a minute. There was no charge from either the dealer or Ariens for this. Dealer got baffle to me in about 3 days. Excellent company, excellent dealer.

I didn't respond to your comments because I'm not familiar with what you've said nor have I heard elsewhere of your claims.     Is there a possibility that the Toyota models you're referring to were built in the USA or Canada?  I'm pleased to announce that mine was built in Japan.  I made damned sure of that when I bought it.   By the way, the body on my Toyota is as sound as a new truck and probably stronger that what's available today.

Speaking of not responding to queries, I don't recall your response to my question concerning why the domestic auto manufacturers have been losing market share for the last thirty years and virtually unable to sell enough cars in the last five years to stay viable.  Willing to comment on that?  

Glad to hear you like your Ariens.  We'll be here to assist you when you need guidance for inevitable  future issues.

Paul7

Reply #78   Mar 11, 2009 12:49 am
borat wrote:

If you can think of another reason consumers  are buying Asian vehicles in preference to domestics, I'd be interested in hearing it,

Borat I think that a "part" of the reason has to do with a very poor marketing strategy on the part of companies like GM.   Unlike Toyota and Honda, who are focused on building brand loyalty, GM seems to be more interested in launching a new model every 4-5 years. 

For example Toyota came out with the Camray in 1983 and that model continues to flourish today.  By contrast in 1983 I bought a Chevrolet Citation (mid sized family car).  Chevrolet made the Citation from 1980 to 1985.  Then they replaced it with the Chevy Celebrity which was produced until 1989 when it was replaced by the Lumina, which was subsequently replaced by the Impala.  

Detroit strategy to launch a new model every few years makes brand loyalty impossibility.  I loved my Chevy Citation but it's hard to be a repeat customer or recommend a model that’s out of production.  Toyota's strategy was to stay committed to the Camary model and simply keep making it better. Obviously someone that bought a Toyota Camary in 1983 and loved it can still be a repeat buyer and a brand advocate today. 

Replies: 69 - 78 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42