Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens or husqvarna?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
patches

ariens or husqvarna?
Original Message   Sep 11, 2006 8:43 pm
Hello People,

I was in Lowes the other day and I was looking at their snow blowers.I looked at the Troy built , when I was checking it out I noticed that the augers seemed to be three separate pieces and they were kind of loose and sloopy.When I checked out the Husqvarna the augers were nice and tight and also liked the controls.

Went to Home depot and checked out the Ariens and the augers were nice and tight.The only thing that bothered me was the control for the chute,the chute turned to the right no problem ,but when I tried to turn it back to the left it seemed to get jammed and would not move.I guess it could have been from other people checking it out from time to time. But then I could possibly take that as an indication of what could happen if I would buy one and end up using it alot.I don't know.Maybe it wasn't put together right by one of the employees.They had the 926le for $999.99 with the remote deflector.

The Husqvarna two stage blowers have the remote deflector standard on all the models. You might find it strange,but I seem to care for the remote deflector than the manual because of the certain situations I would run into by snow blowing around the house and some of the elderly neighbors I would be helping out. Also I seem to recall that the Machines are powder coated not just spray painted.A local dealer has the 924sbe,tecumseh snow king L-head engine,and the fd-gear transmission( i don't know what that means) for $939.95.

The snow blower that I buy is going to be my first one ever and like most people, I don't want to buy a inferior machine.

I post this question here because i see were some people have had alot more experience in snow blowers of all kinds.

The Ariens are made in Wisconsin and Husqvarna in Sweden. Both seem to be well built . But again I have not had the experience in operating any of these Machines.

Local Arien dealer says he will not have any Ariens in until a few weeks.

Any suggestions will be welcomed from any people who have had the opportunity to operate any of these machines.

Have been driving myself crazy the past few weeks trying to come to a conclusion.

thanks, Jim

Replies: 20 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
FrankMA

Re: ariens or husqvarna?
Reply #20   Feb 26, 2011 5:51 am
aa335 wrote:
What I say??? 

Wondering if royster is secretly DavidNJ in disguise - I was a little suspicious as well. DavidNJ certainly left his mark on some of us around here. Kind of strange how he created so much turmoil and then just vanished, never to be heard from again...

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
MN_Runner

Reply #21   Feb 26, 2011 6:53 am
if it sounds like njdavid, just ignore it and don't respond as it takes two to tangle. njdavid enjoying these sucker moments.
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #22   Feb 26, 2011 2:15 pm
FrankMA wrote:
Wondering if royster is secretly DavidNJ in disguise - I was a little suspicious as well. DavidNJ certainly left his mark on some of us around here. Kind of strange how he created so much turmoil and then just vanished, never to be heard from again...

HI,

I don't know who DavidNJ is  or really care, but I am not him.   I am not trying to create anything, just giving my opinion on some snowblowers and receiving you information from others which is always helpful, thankyou for replying.

royster

Reply #23   Feb 26, 2011 2:28 pm
aa335 wrote:
Sorry, for a moment I thought the feathers came from the same bird.  :)  The quacking sounds familiar, just different tune.

Yes, it is sad that Canada gets all the nicer models from Husqvarna, Honda, and Yamaha.  But then again, I'm glad not having to pay Canadian prices.

I was interested in several Husqvarna products, including a string trimmer, but decided it wasn't for me.  Dealership carrying Husqvarna products are non-existent here.  A few dealers began this year selling Husqvarna snowblower.  It's too new and I don't think they figured out how to sell them when a Snapper, Simplicity, and Ariens is sitting on the same floor.  As good as you say Husqvarna snowblower is, it's going to be a dead brand around here if they don't market it properly.   I mean they make webpages showing all the various products and models that they have, but where can I go to see it and buy it?  For now, Husqvarna is purely vaporware for the midwest area.

Yes, our prices are higher than yours for most things, but for  over a month  our Canadian dollar has been  worth more than the US dollar.  This makes it better for us Snowbirds who like to spend some part of our winters in Florida or other points south.  Our taxes are also higher than yours, but every person living in Canada has absolutely free medical care. It is too bad that Husqvarna does not make a greater effort to service the mid west  area.   I do not work for them

GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #24   Feb 27, 2011 8:49 am
royster wrote:
" but every person living in Canada has absolutely free medical care"

Royster
Don't go there. It's free & excellent if you arrive at the hospital in an ambulance with a serious injury. Other than that, try to find a family doctor or go to  walkin clinic or emergency room where you'll wait less than several hours. I don't call that free.

https://t.me/pump_upp
MN_Runner

Reply #25   Feb 27, 2011 9:10 am
Royster = New_Yorker = Starwarrior = NJDavid
aa335

Reply #26   Feb 27, 2011 10:09 am
GtWtNorth wrote:
Royster
Don't go there. It's free & excellent if you arrive at the hospital in an ambulance with a serious injury. Other than that, try to find a family doctor or go to  walkin clinic or emergency room where you'll wait less than several hours. I don't call that free.

Nothing is really truly free.  You pay for it before, now, or later.  If you are willing to work for free, then you may get something for free, but how many people actually work for free?
royster

Reply #27   Feb 27, 2011 11:00 am
GtWtNorth wrote:
Royster

Yes, we pay for it with our higher taxes,  but compared with the health care systems in other countries, it is quite good.

But lets get back to the subject     " Ariens or Husqvarna"

This message was modified Feb 27, 2011 by royster

Paul7

Reply #28   Feb 27, 2011 12:48 pm
royster wrote:

But lets get back to the subject     " Ariens or Husqvarna"

Actually the original subject back on 2006 was whether the OP should buy an Ariens 926le for $999.99 or a Husqvarna sbe with a tecumseh L-head for $939.95. 

The OP bought an Ariens 926le in 2006.  Neither of those machines are available in their 2006 configurations so I don't see a subject to get back to.
royster

Reply #29   Feb 27, 2011 1:22 pm
Paul7 wrote:
Actually the original subject back on 2006 was whether the OP should buy an Ariens 926le for $999.99 or a Husqvarna sbe with a tecumseh L-head for $939.95. 

The OP bought an Ariens 926le in 2006.  Neither of those machines are available in their 2006 configurations so I don't see a subject to get back to.

Whatever

Replies: 20 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42