Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Hand Warmers and electrical equipment

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sammyk

Ariens Hand Warmers and electrical equipment
Original Message   Feb 2, 2006 12:48 pm
Well, I just purchased a Ariens 926LE for $630. It was a toss-up between that and the 11hp model with handwarmers and remote differential. BUT, it was a $200+ difference, so I went with a little inconvenience.

My question is about the electrical system on these machines. The 11hp and 13hp power both a light and hand-warmers, whereas the 9hp doesn't have handwarmers. I know that the warmers are not an Ariens accessory option, but if the 9hp electrical system can handle it, I want to wire in a pair of electric gloves that I own.

Does anyone know what kind of power the warmers draw or if the system can handle adding this in?  My gloves are 12VDC and draw 22 watts.

Thanks for the great site!

Replies: 19 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: Ariens Hand Warmers and electrical equipment
Reply #19   Feb 12, 2006 4:15 pm
Thank you Paul..!
I appreciate the time you take to help us all.......one of the many reasons I bought an Ariens!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Garandman

Re: Ariens Hand Warmers and electrical equipment
Reply #20   Feb 12, 2006 7:36 pm
ntrtouch wrote:
Hand warmers?  Are you kidding me?   Just put a pair of gloves on, all set.   Talk about a nice and cheap option!!!!

I used some gauntleted goretex gloves today and they worked great.
Replies: 19 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42