Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Realized that my 926LE only runs on small amount of power

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BBgarage

Realized that my 926LE only runs on small amount of power
Original Message   Jan 3, 2006 10:37 am
Well I tried to use my blower to clear the inch of slush this morning(school canceled because of "blizzard" which never arrived, or at least hasnt yet) and it wasn't moving it, it kept clogging up. I guess I should ask if that is normal(?).

Anyway, I looked through the crack next to the throttle handle and noticed that there is a metal pole connected to the carb, and then to a lever which is next to the throttle lever and a series of springs. Anyhow, I noticed when the blower is off that metal lever in there is at WOT, once it starts running, regardless of the throttle lever position, it is almost at closed. At first I thought this might be my problem, so I proceded to push it forward with a screw driver. That is when I realized these things run with there engines at near idle!. This thing got really loud and started to cluck a little, I could also see some flame that accompany the clunk in the muffler, I very quickly stopped not wanting to throw a rod or something. I would estimate that the RPM it hit when pushed open was at least twice what it normally is, probably more.

Anyone else notice this?

P.S, I didnt touch any of the controls(clutch, or auger) when doing this.
Replies: 4 - 13 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mechanics200

Re: Realized that my 926LE only runs on small amount of power
Reply #4   Jan 3, 2006 1:24 pm
Just a note about the impeller kit. I also installed the kit on a 10 hp MTD machine and have experienced a large increase in the throw distance. I live in MA and today had very heavy wet snow fall(35 degrees and still it snows). I had approx. 3/8" clearance between the impeller and housing and did not expect the throw distance to increase this amount. It is a bargain. I also have a 33 year old 6 hp Simplicity which has the impeller located on a shaft behind the auger but in the same orientation as the auger so that the impeller takes the speed of the snow from the auger and increases the speed through the discharge. There are also rubber paddles on the impeller and have found the old Simplicity still produces a throw distance not yet equalled by the new machine. The Simplicity is also built like a tank.
TheKneebiter

Reply #5   Jan 3, 2006 6:42 pm
Fred , I have not used the kit yet but my friend has. i helped install it and WOW what a difference. When my warranty is over next season i will install one on my 1128dle.   jubol wrote:
Knee,

Have you put the Impeller Kit on your blower??

What is your opinion of it??

I had it on my MTD blower and it made it a different snow blowing machine!!!!

I have the Kit to go on my Husqvarna, when the warrenty runs out!!

Fred

BBgarage

Reply #6   Jan 3, 2006 6:58 pm
What is required for the installation?
Majorxlr8n

Reply #7   Jan 3, 2006 7:53 pm
BBgarage wrote:
What is required for the installation?

BB - its pretty straightforward. Remove the discharge chute & plastic auger drum extension (if equipped). Pull the spark plug wire for safety! You will have to take one rubber section & metal retainer & eyeball it so that it mounts solidly on the impeller fan blade AND brushes the inside diameter of the impeller cavity. You want the "paddle" to wipe or come in contact with the round impeller cavity. Use a punch or pencil to make your markings for the holes that need to be drilled. The hardest part is drilling the holes in the fan blades thru the discharge chute opening. You will have to spin the impeller so that you have good access for drilling - make sure you are drilling straight. Repeat on the other 2 or 3 fan blades. Secure the assembly with the bolts & lock nuts. I have done 5 conversions this year for my customers & ALL of them were happy with the results...

Marty

solara

Reply #8   Jan 3, 2006 8:02 pm
bb

common wisdom is that u should wait until the warranty expires before adding the kit.

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
BBgarage

Reply #9   Jan 4, 2006 12:37 am
I will, I will probably end up waiting 20 years as I am out of here in 2, and the warranty is 3.
PCPC

Honda 1132 snow thrower, Simplicity 1060 snow thrower, RedMax EBZ8000 leaf blower, older Snapper self propelled mower, Echo weed wacker, 20 + year old 16" McCulloch Chain Saw, wheel barrel with a flat tire, and a rusty shovel!

Reply #10   Jan 4, 2006 8:50 am
I have a Honda 1132, and Simplicity 1060. Do you think this kit would be worth installing on them? They work darn good now. Does it make enough of a difference, on a later model, high end machine?
nibbler

Impeller Kit
Reply #11   Jan 4, 2006 9:26 am
The main problem I have is the blower throwing the snow too far. I clear a lot of driveways that are separated by as little as 1M ( ~3ft) of grass. I sometimes think it would be nice to change the top of the chute so I can direct the snow down. Right now the best I can do is get it shooting straight out and that is sometimes to far. I end up starting on one side of the driveway and throwing everything the other way.  I prefer to start in the centre and alternate, that way I don't need to change the direction of the chute every time I turn around.
jubol

Reply #12   Jan 4, 2006 11:51 am
PCPC

Yes!!

It will improve even a high machine!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
70chevrolet

Reply #13   Jan 4, 2006 6:00 pm
WOW... I would've normally dismissed this kit as infomercial junk. But being that it was posted here and with all the good things that people are saying, I guess its a no brainer. I'm in! Does anyone know what size I should order for an Ariens ST824 with a 12" fan? 4"  or  5"?  Im just to impatient to wait untill I get home and measure it out. I'll definately post my results here.
Replies: 4 - 13 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42