Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > simplicity 1170e wont start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
corsair

simplicity 1170e wont start
Original Message   Dec 4, 2005 11:27 am
i have a simplicity 1170e that has seen just 2 winters.  this morning i tried to use it for the first time this season, and it wiil not even try to start.  i prepped it last season according to the manufacturers instructions: drained the fuel, changed the oil, little oil in the cylinder (and i sowly cranked a few times, etc), new spark plug.  this morning the key was installed, choke set, throttle to fast, fresh fuel, and i primed it as required.  when the manual pull start got me nowhere (which has always worked, even on very cold days), i went to the electric start which also proved useless.

i verified that i am getting fuel flow to the carb (pulled the fuel line off at the carb and fuel flowed freely) .  i verified that the primer bulb and its line are unblocked (removed hose and visiually inspected).  i verified that the fuel tank vent is clear (visually and by checking fuel flow was unchanged out of the fuel line with and without the gas cap installed).  i verified that i am getting a spark at the plug.  i squirted a bit of starting fluid into the carb and the engine started and ran for a second or two until the ether had burned off...so it seems as though it is in running condition (which i would expect).  there has been absolutely no change in its desire to start; it doesnt even sputter and belch like it is trying to start.  it simply spins up.

it is not bitterly cold hold...it is in the 20's.  so, i am lost as to what to try next...i have never experienced such a problem before.  any suggestions would be appreciated!
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42