Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2006 Ariens Lineup Info

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

2006 Ariens Lineup Info
Original Message   Aug 8, 2005 10:46 pm
HERE FIRST, WORLD PREMIER OF THE 2006 LINEUP.

Many thanks to Snowmann for his help and expertise in the field of Ariens snowblowers.

Below are the details for the Extensive upgrades made to the 2006 models.

"

Change/New Model Summary for 2005/2006 Ariens Snothros

Compact Snothros

All new pistol grip style controls/handlebars/dash for better maneuverability.

• Chute crank has been relocated to operator position
  • More powerful 7.5hp model added to lineup
  • Impeller size increased to 12” from 10” for increased capacity
  • Discharge chute has been re-profiled for increased throwing performance
  • Directional tires w/aggressive tread for improved traction
  • Pin lock feature was added to both sides to provide an alternate wheel position for chain clearance (for those who prefer to use aftermarket wheel chains)

New 926,000 series large-frame Snothros

Deluxe Models w/pin-lock axle (ST926LE)

Upgraded Tecumseh LH318SA engine from 8.5hp to 9.25hp

• All-new 926,000 series transmission with 1” diameter high-carbon steel solid-axle and heavy 12-gauge steel frame (over .20" thick at engine deck)..
  • New Quick-Turn chute rotation (no more cranking)
  • New Halogen high performance headlamp

Deluxe Models w/trigger-activated remote axle lock/unlock (ST11528LE, ST1332LE)

All-new 926,000 series transmission with 1” diameter (A311 stress-relieved) high-carbon steel axle and heavy 12-gauge steel frame (over .20" thick at engine deck).

• New trigger-activated remote locking/unlocking axle feature
  • New Halogen high-performance headlamp

Professional Models w/Traction Control and trigger-activated remote axle lock (ST926DLE, ST11526DLE, ST1328DLE, ST1332DLE, ST1336DLE)

• All-new 926,000 series transmission with 1” diameter (A311 stress-relieved) high-carbon steel axle and heavy 12-gauge steel frame(over .20" thick at engine deck).
  • New Traction Control w/trigger-activated remote axle lock feature
  • New Halogen high-performance headlamp
  • All-new Cast Iron auger gearcase
  • More power for several models (former 9hp 26” model upgrades to 9.25hp, former 11.5hp 28” model upgrades from 11.5hp to 13hp).

Thanks Again .

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Replies: 5 - 14 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: 2006 Ariens Lineup Info
Reply #5   Aug 10, 2005 11:17 am
Thanks MM,

It was either yours or Franks post about last years changes that was refered to many times.  It's real nice to have everything in one place.

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #6   Aug 10, 2005 9:19 pm
Thanks MM,
I just sent for my new catalog today............(no, i'm keeping my one year old baby........I just like knowing what is out there.......)

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Reply #7   Aug 11, 2005 8:20 am
Nice machine Frank  And I really want to get one of the hoods!

My Ariens is brand new, purchased after the season last year and now I see all these new features....GRRR! I hope I did the right thing...

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

MountainMan

Reply #8   Aug 11, 2005 8:20 am
Yea Frank, I like machine too. And it seems the 12V key start is a dying option. Last year only the biggest models had that option. If i only had 120v starting, id never use it. But the key start makes everybody around me jelouse

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
NYCGator

Reply #9   Aug 11, 2005 9:11 am
cleanmaxx_brian wrote:

My Ariens is brand new, purchased after the season last year and now I see all these new features....GRRR! I hope I did the right thing...

Did you pick up your Ariens locally and, if so, do you recommend the dealer?  I am definitely in the market for a snowblower this year.
MountainMan

Reply #10   Aug 11, 2005 11:13 am
cleanmaxx_brian wrote:

We both posted at the same time !

In regards to purchasing a machine last year, its just like a computer. Its outdated and lacks features of the newest greatest model within a year or so. A few years ago, models stayed the same for 5-10 years. Now, driven by consumer demand, people want change every year or two., ( Cars especially, electronics etc)

So do you have a High quality, performing machine?/       YES   Dont worry. Be happy.

This message was modified Aug 11, 2005 by MountainMan

krislu

Reply #11   Aug 11, 2005 2:44 pm
NYCGATOR- I use L.I. power on Milbar st in  Farmingdale. Ask for Rick (owner) He will set you up right. He is a dealer for Ariens and Toro. - Kris

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #12   Aug 11, 2005 6:17 pm
Yup,
There will always be the newer and better, but when it comes to snowblowers, thankfully, THEY ALL DO THE JOB.
I'm happy with mine, and will keep it as long as I live with snow.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
nibbler

Reply #13   Aug 11, 2005 7:12 pm
I just checked the Ariens web site and it doesn't look like they have the updated descriptions yet. Looks like my lust for an Ariens Pro just got fanned some more. Sigh.

As far as computers are concerned, if they are on the truck going to the retailer they are "out of date". Of course there is a premium for being "bleeding edge" and for most people it doesn't make any real difference.

For snow blowers the update cycle is a lot slower and a nice machine that is several years old is still a nice machine. Enjoy.
This message was modified Aug 11, 2005 by nibbler
MountainMan

Reply #14   Aug 11, 2005 7:15 pm
Ariens website will be updated within next two weeks if all goes as planned.

I was still hoping for Honda or Briggs snow-tek power. That would have been the deciding factor to upgrade.

Replies: 5 - 14 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42