Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Sno Thro Auger & Rake - 'til death do they part?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Garandman

Ariens Sno Thro Auger & Rake - 'til death do they part?
Original Message   Jul 23, 2005 10:06 am
I'm restoring an old Ariens Sno Thro and one of the rakes is seemingly locked to the shaft. Guy at work put it on a 40 ton hydraulic press and it still didn't budge - just started distorting the rake. He didn't heat it though.

I have a second parts snowblower and the rake is stuck on that one as well. The difference is that one is on the "closed" side of the gearbox so I could remove the axle shaft if necessary.

I'm was thinking of getting as much penetrating oil on it as possible, putting a gear puller on it, leaving ot for a few days, tighten the puller, etc. Any other suggestions? Both gearboxes are nice and tight and they're the old cast iron ones so I'd like to rescue both of them.
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42